What's new

Back in love with dripping

I do trust you though but I'm older than you and my lungs have taken a battering for 30 odd years. I trust you'll catch me up in that department very soon ;-)

Ooooh Wahey!!! Also found that the mephisto cap fits the infinite clt rda so now using that cap on the clt as the mephisto base... well... uhh... you know what happened xD
Found the build I'm gonna run, which will need a total of 30mm airflowish , so a load of holes at 45 degrees staggered should work :P

watched twisted vid on that yesterday, part and parcel of my youtube thread watched a load of his vids yesterday was just in that mood funny, quote "its a very nice clit" lmao, interesting tho infinite making there own stuff.

EDIT for clit reference:

Last edited by a moderator:
I woke up yesterday and realised what had woken me was Mr Postie,came downstairs to find a large envelope lying on the mat which held some of this "cellu-cotton" I've heard so much about.As I'd not long since rewicked,recoiled my Zenith clone I decided to build on the Origen clone.This ended up taking an age as I decided to totally rebuild the Origen to fix the various issues caused by melted insulators,once done and coiled with 5 wraps on a 2mm drill of 0.5mm round kanthal to give 0.2 ohms,I threaded a couple of pieces of the cellu-cotton through the coils & stuffed the Origens juice wells with the extra.Whilst I was doing this,I was keeping the "calm head" in place vaping Red Astaire on the Zenith.

I soaked the Origen wicks with some DIY Snake Oil & took a vape,fuck me! the taste was so different to my last usage of the Snake Oil.I could pick out the pear,the licorice,the raspberry and even the koolada which had been hard to recognise previously was cooling my mouth so much it felt like the dentist had given me a shot of novacaine. :P

I liked the difference so much I continued using the Origen all yesterday,and today I stripped the Zenith and rebuilt it too with cellu-cotton.With my 1mm x 0.1 ribbon,I struggled to get the resistance to 0.2 and thought I'd just test the 0.3 ohm I was getting so loaded up the wick with the Snake Oil and tried it.It was like vaping fresh air compared to the Origen,even with the slots for airflow closed up to about halfway the Zenith just wasn't as rich a taste.I rewound the coils with the 0.5mm round kanthal,5 wraps on the 0.2mm drill bit got me my 0.2 ohms and the Zenith instantly came to life producing good big tasty clouds.

I really do like my Zenith clone,I just wish clone manufacturers would use something better than fucking plastic for the insulators as every clone I've used has needed fixing after running a sub-ohm build because the insulators melt.The Origen isn't difficult to sort,a little piece of cardboard created with a "filing paper punch" inserted under the larger grub screw of the centre-post fixes it.The Zenith looks like it's going to need something else sourced from wherever.A tubular affair that is heat-resistant & also pretty stiff.I have some silicon tube that worked well on another RDA,but the Zenith appears to have a slightly different diameter centre-hole.

Oh well,looks like I'll be calling in the local model shop & ask to have a look at his selection of tube/pipes etc.

So how hot are we talking on a sub ohm
I have to make some insulators for a cloud chaser and will be going for a material good to 250C Chegs

Sent from (who cares) using Planet of the Vapes

So how hot are we talking on a sub ohm
I have to make some insulators for a cloud chaser and will be going for a material good to 250C Chegs

Even though not aimed at me, I have turned ss Brown from heat before... Hahahaha. The double cross which is peek has never had a problem other than Browning the centre post :P

Even though not aimed at me, I have turned ss Brown from heat before... Hahahaha. The double cross which is peek has never had a problem other than Browning the centre post :P

Ok all good had a dripper with browned post think you'll find it's mostly burned juice and or resistance heat
Mephisto arrived the post holes look like it seriously compromises strength of posts
Given more time I honestly think I could build better
Might have to stock up on stainless...,,but it would not be 22mm
Did you see fu ameravape thread ?

Ok all good had a dripper with browned post think you'll find it's mostly burned juice and or resistance heat
Mephisto arrived the post holes look like it seriously compromises strength of posts
Given more time I honestly think I could build better
Might have to stock up on stainless...,,but it would not be 22mm
Did you see fu ameravape thread ?

I thought that as well, but it took 4 strands of 20awg with ease... personally I'd rather have rectangular posts as I'd find they'd hold up a bit better with larger post holes. But, it's designed purely for post holes, they overlooked the airflow as well, 5mm each side is not enough for quad 20awg. Not one bit enough.
I did indeed, and I'm hoping they're still around come vapefest as I have a few other bits to buy before hand which someone's lovingly kept back for me (shiny sensible setup).
Would be funny to do the cloud comp with one though, since the grand prize is a genuine one hahah

Should be enough.... Raguri

ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1406132110.880383.jpg

Prefer these flavour machines myself
Cat jumped down from pergola and broke table LOL
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes1406133087.103748.jpg

Back
Top Bottom