What's new

Augvape Intake Dual - Ohms Too Low

So I received the replacement unit a couple of days ago, washed it all out and put it together with a pair of juggernauts reading 0.126 ohms. Dry fired to get the hot spots out, no error message, so far so good. Wicked and primed it, still no error message, starting to get my hopes up. Screwed the tank section on, filled er up with some of Prime Vapes finest, and hit fire.

"Ohms too low!"

Properly gutted. The chances of receiving a second defective unit in a row are slim to none. So part of me thinks it must be the mod, but if that's the case, then why am I able to use the other tanks without any issues. Alternatively, if it was the build, then it would come up with the error from the outset.

The only thing that's left is the tank section; it's fine when I start to screw it on, but once it hits around the 3/4 mark, that's when it misbehaves. If it was a short, I would have thought it would pop up with the "Atomiser short" error. I've checked the coil placing and height from every angle, and I can't see where it would be coming into contact with the posts or the chimney.

Watched a bunch of YT videos incase I was missing something obvious, and even did some generic searches for this error on this tank and/or mod, but nae luck. Looks like i'm back to square one!

Picture of the current build.

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_132920.jpg
    IMG_20200602_132920.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 204
Still reckon the issue is the mod. An attie gasket (flat plastic disc to fit between mod & rta) may lift it enough to give a stable connection. You can make one from a milk carton & just cut to size & hole in the centre.

Still reckon the issue is the mod. An attie gasket (flat plastic disc to fit between mod & rta) may lift it enough to give a stable connection. You can make one from a milk carton & just cut to size & hole in the centre.

If it was the mod, would it not affect the other tanks as well? I've been using the Blotto recently, which looks to be the same length 510 pin, and had no such error messages?

Also the fact it's dry firing [with the tank off] without any issues would make me think the mod isn't the problem?

If it was the mod, would it not affect the other tanks as well? I've been using the Blotto recently, which looks to be the same length 510 pin, and had no such error messages?

Also the fact it's dry firing [with the tank off] without any issues would make me think the mod isn't the problem?
Without another mod to double check, it's the only commonality. The fact that not fully screwed down it works points to either the attie 510 too shallow or an issue with the mods 510. Even an ohm reader would suffice as it can let you check at every stage of building if all is ok. The chances of 2 identical RTAs having the exact same fault must be about as likely as unicorn poo unless it's a design issue conflicting with that particular mod. Only other thing I would suggest would be doing a build with single wire to see if the error still occurs.

Without another mod to double check, it's the only commonality. The fact that not fully screwed down it works points to either the attie 510 too shallow or an issue with the mods 510. Even an ohm reader would suffice as it can let you check at every stage of building if all is ok. The chances of 2 identical RTAs having the exact same fault must be about as likely as unicorn poo unless it's a design issue conflicting with that particular mod. Only other thing I would suggest would be doing a build with single wire to see if the error still occurs.

Think there's some crossed wires mate - the atomiser is screwing flush into the mod, and fires fine during the building and wicking process, it's when I screw the tank onto the deck that is causing the error to pop up.

Totally agree about the unlikely nature of two RTAs having the exact same defect, hence why i'm stumped. I will try setting it up as a single coil and see if that makes a difference, although I really bought this for the dual coil functionality so would be a shame if I couldn't use it as intended.

Think there's some crossed wires mate - the atomiser is screwing flush into the mod, and fires fine during the building and wicking process, it's when I screw the tank onto the deck that is causing the error to pop up.

Totally agree about the unlikely nature of two RTAs having the exact same defect, hence why i'm stumped. I will try setting it up as a single coil and see if that makes a difference, although I really bought this for the dual coil functionality so would be a shame if I couldn't use it as intended.
check the inside of the chimney for any evidence of arcing as this would point to stray wire causing the problem. Be worth checking all seals are fine & no swarf from machining caught anywhere.

I’m no expert but it sounds more like coil position than anything else. Have you tried coils with a smaller ID or placing them a little lower in the deck?

Edit to add: also worth checking that the clamp screws are down nice and tight and none of the legs are poking through.

Picture of the current build.
Looking at this picture again - if it were me I’d probably try another build with 5 wraps instead of the 6 you have here. See how that works as things do look a little cramped in there.

FINALLY!

So it looks like i'm up and running - tried a single coil build placed lower and more central, and it worked!

Basically the juggernaut coils are so bulky that even though I was cutting them to the specified length using the included cutter tool, it was shorting against the chimney by about 0.5mm when it was fully screwed in. Took them back out, used a coily tool to snip them at 5.5mm [instead of the stock 6mm] and no more error!

I'm genuinely so relieved, and wanted to thank everyone for their helpful suggestions. It's very much appreciated. :thankssign:

On a side note, the flavour off the juggernaut coils is definitely muted when compared to the fused claptons I've got in the Blotto; could be down to the fact I've had to place the coils lower [due to aforementioned bulk] so the side airflow isn't hitting the bottom of the coils as much. Will be interesting to see how it compares with the same coils when I next switch it up.

Thanks again guys!

Back
Top Bottom