What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Augvape Intake Dual - Ohms Too Low

Looked on google at a pic of the inside of the chimney and it looks like the side airflow posts go up into the chimney as you screw it down, now I’m thinking your coils could be a touch to high and touching the chimney as you tighten it down, I don’t have this tank so it’s hard to tell from pics, what you could try is a single coil build in it, set the coil abit lower and in the centre of the deck, this will give you the most clearance from the chimney once you have screwed it down, if that works fine then you know the tank is fine and your original coils was to high...

I still think your problem is it’s shorting out somewhere, I think both sets of coils look ok and are where they should be, not to high, I watched a review of the tank and it’s looks like you have to click the top section into place before you screw it down, are you doing that ??
Does the top section feel nice and smooth when you are screwing it down, like it’s not grabbing or cross threaded ??
Other than that check you 510 pin on the bottom of the deck is tight...

I think you're right mate, I just can't figure out where? Although at the same time, I just re-installed the original coils it came with, and it's reading 0.079ohms [which surely can't be right for included coils] so it won't even let me dry fire it.

I feel the click of the top section before it screws in, and it certainly feels smooth enough until fully tight. The only minor gripe was the thread on the 510 pin needed to be forced a little in order to fully tighten i.e. would catch and screw fine until there was maybe 1-2mm of a gap, and at this point I had to twist it a little harder, but assume this would just ease with time. I made sure the deck was flush with the device before firing so that shouldn't cause an issue as such.

Looked on google at a pic of the inside of the chimney and it looks like the side airflow posts go up into the chimney as you screw it down, now I’m thinking your coils could be a touch to high and touching the chimney as you tighten it down, I don’t have this tank so it’s hard to tell from pics, what you could try is a single coil build in it, set the coil abit lower and in the centre of the deck, this will give you the most clearance from the chimney once you have screwed it down, if that works fine then you know the tank is fine and your original coils was to high...

Yeh I get what you mean, and I was toying with the idea of trying a single coil build to see if that would help, but when I re-installed the original coils it came with the same error message popped up [without even screwing in the tank section] so i'm well and truly stumped.

Appreciate the help though and the fact you're trying to work out a potential problem with an RTA you haven't even used in the past.

I'm going to get in touch with the vendor and see if they have any thoughts on it - failing that, it may just need to be a return/exchange job and see where we go from there.

It is worth checking that you do not have a tiny bit of wire or a bit of swarf left over from when it was machined floating about in there somewhere.
Especially crossing whatever insulator there is keeping the pos and neg parts separate.

It’s a tricky one for sure, hate being beat by a problem tho, I wouldn’t expect any of the threading to need to be forced tho, everything should be smooth till it’s tight, last thing you could try is completely removing the positive post and checking the post insulator and 510 insulator are good, give it all a good clean and then try it again, if it’s still a problem then I reckon all you can do is send it back and get it replaced...

If you can, try it on another mod or ohm reader. Maybe a fault with the 510 on the Smok & screwing it down is deforming the pin. Can be an issue if the rta 510 is a bit longer, they're not all the same length hence floating 510 pins on mods.

It is worth checking that you do not have a tiny bit of wire or a bit of swarf left over from when it was machined floating about in there somewhere.
Especially crossing whatever insulator there is keeping the pos and neg parts separate.

Yeh I get what you mean, although I took the whole thing apart and gave it a good wash to try and get rid of any residue/leftover material before I started building.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

If you can, try it on another mod or ohm reader. Maybe a fault with the 510 on the Smok & screwing it down is deforming the pin. Can be an issue if the rta 510 is a bit longer, they're not all the same length hence floating 510 pins on mods.

Unfortunately I don't have an alternative device I could test it on, although sure would be a good excuse to buy another mod!

It’s a tricky one for sure, hate being beat by a problem tho, I wouldn’t expect any of the threading to need to be forced tho, everything should be smooth till it’s tight, last thing you could try is completely removing the positive post and checking the post insulator and 510 insulator are good, give it all a good clean and then try it again, if it’s still a problem then I reckon all you can do is send it back and get it replaced...

I gave it a good clean, although I must admit i'm not sure about removing the positive post so didn't go that far.

Anyway I got in touch with the vendor, explained the issues I was having, and [although they were surprised as apparently that RTA has never given them any issues when it comes to faults/returns etc] they were happy for me to return it for an exchanged unit.

Hopefully 2nd time lucky!

I gave it a good clean, although I must admit i'm not sure about removing the positive post so didn't go that far.

Anyway I got in touch with the vendor, explained the issues I was having, and [although they were surprised as apparently that RTA has never given them any issues when it comes to faults/returns etc] they were happy for me to return it for an exchanged unit.

Hopefully 2nd time lucky!
Glad you managed to get it exchanged, hope the next one works out better for you...

Back
Top Bottom