What's new

Augvape Intake Dual - Ohms Too Low

Azzy_M

Postman
Starting to get the feeling I may be cursed.. [there's a separate thread on here about leaking issues i'm having with the Blotto]

Anyway, I recently ordered the Intake Dual based on some favourable reviews, coupled with the fact it's a top airflow so no leaking issues! It arrived today, so I got it washed up, cut the coils it came with to size using the included cutting tool, and when I hit the trigger it came up with an "ohms too low!" message.

Not off to a great start, but I thought it was just some faulty coils, so I switched them out for some juggernauts rated at 0.31ohms each. When I installed them both it was reading 0.14ohms which seemed about right. However after I screwed the tank section on and hit the fire button, I was greeted with the same "ohms too low" error.

For some reason the resistance was now reading as 0.082ohms - similar to what the coils it came with came out at which triggered the initial error. Very frustrating, and I can't figure out what i'm doing wrong. Is it a faulty unit? Has anyone else has this problem, or something similar?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Azzy.

Sounds like you have a short somewhere, maybe one of your coils is touching somewhere is shouldn’t be, do the coils fire ok with the top section off ? Or do you still get the ohms too low error...

Yeh the coils fire fine when I was getting the hot spots out and priming the wicks.. I used the included cutter tool which I think is 6mm, and it doesn't come up above the airflow posts so I'm not sure what it's coming into contact with..

Plus there is usually a different error message which comes up as "atomiser short" if it's coming into contact with the chimney or something.

As it fires ok with the top section off, then it sounds like the coils, deck and insulators are ok, seems like the problem is to do with the top section, what happens if you only screw the top section on half way, don’t fully tighten it down and try and fire it, do you still get the error message ??

So I placed the top section on the deck, and then intermittently fired it whilst threading it - no error message until I was about 3/4 complete, at which point there was a brief crackling noise followed by the "ohms too low!" message.

It's almost as if the resistance is being halved when I fully screw the tank on, which is dropping it below the 0.1ohm threshold.

Updated with a couple of pics showing both builds [with the included coils and also the juggernauts] to see if that helps diagnose the problem.

Funny thing is that I couldn't even dry fire the coils it came with because the error message came up straight away, but the second build seems fine until the tank section is fully screwed in.

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_175536.jpg
    IMG_20200525_175536.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 232
  • IMG_20200526_083745.jpg
    IMG_20200526_083745.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 219
Have you got a pic of your deck with with the coils in place? The only thing I can think of is they're set too high & the they're touching the top of the chamber when when you screw it down. It sounds like they shouldn't be but it'll help rule it out

Have you got a pic of your deck with with the coils in place? The only thing I can think of is they're set too high & the they're touching the top of the chamber when when you screw it down. It sounds like they shouldn't be but it'll help rule it out

Just posted a couple of pics above your comment mate.

The coil height was the only issue I could think of as well, but they seem to be below the height of the side posts, so it shouldn't come into contact with the chimney?

I just used the coil cutting tool it came with, which measured the legs at 6mm.

I still think your problem is it’s shorting out somewhere, I think both sets of coils look ok and are where they should be, not to high, I watched a review of the tank and it’s looks like you have to click the top section into place before you screw it down, are you doing that ??
Does the top section feel nice and smooth when you are screwing it down, like it’s not grabbing or cross threaded ??
Other than that check you 510 pin on the bottom of the deck is tight...

Last edited:
Just posted a couple of pics above your comment mate.

The coil height was the only issue I could think of as well, but they seem to be below the height of the side posts, so it shouldn't come into contact with the chimney?

I just used the coil cutting tool it came with, which measured the legs at 6mm.

Ooops! Sorry, I was on my phone when I replied to that, everything looks fine there. Bit of a head scratcher this

Back
Top Bottom