What's new

Atty gap - 'cure' with washers, shims or what?

EmbraSewerRat

Veteran
Morning.

Right. Noisy Cricket V2.
Lovely bit of kit.
But....

Atty gap. Bit annoying and it can get to potentially damaging the connection.

Can I use 24mm washers or shims to keep things somewhat shipshape?
If so, which is a better choice? Steel, nylon or Neoprene. i can imaging the neoprene would just sook up any leakages and the steel might transfer any current in certain situations, but is nylon any use or has it too low a melting point?

cheers.

Morning.

Right. Noisy Cricket V2.
Lovely bit of kit.
But....

If so, which is a better choice? Steel, nylon or Neoprene. i can imaging the neoprene would just sook up any leakages and the steel might transfer any current in certain situations, but is nylon any use or has it too low a melting point?

cheers.
What you want is a packet of clear atty swirl gaskets from www.stealthvape.co.uk.
They also do a redacted washer which is dearer but will fill a gap of 1.15mm

Morning.

Right. Noisy Cricket V2.
Lovely bit of kit.
But....

cheers.

Use an atty or dripper that fits :grin2:

You can use a spacer as mentioned , my NC2 takes ALL my atty's without any gaps.
Maybe you have a piece of junk in or under the mods 510 ( spring loaded ) stopping the atty from seating all the way down flush .
grab ahold of a small screwdriver and push down on the mods 510 pin a few times and see if you can get it to push down a tad further.
If that don't work I suggest what Miss Pepper said cos its prolly your atty's 510 being too long, hey if it's adjustable scew it in some more ,,,if you can.
Any way I'm out...

Back
Top Bottom