What's new

Another Newbie thread...Help

Bobster_Rob

Initiate
Hi Guys,

At the moment I am using the Smok S-Priv with the TFV8 Big Baby Light Edition Tank. I love the mod, and yes I am the sad person that likes the flashy lights lol (sorry). However I am sick of the coils. I am using the V8 Baby-T8 0.15 coils but the coils seem to be going bad really quick. Sometimes I only get a day or two at most. I am buying them from reputable places so the coils are official. I do like my sweet juices so I know that doesnt help. But I cant afford to keep replacing the coils at this rate.

I came across a thread with somebody posing the same problem and somebody suggested going to a RBA coil instead. I am really interested in this but I am finding the whole thing bloody confusing. There are RBA's, RTA's and RDTA's. Im struggling to find out exactly what I need.

So Excuse the newbie questions, I shall post below and if anybody can help me out would be really great. In the meantime I shall continue to crawl the web and youtube for info.

Will a RBA coil last longer than my current coils?

What do I need to buy exactly to get me up and running (im from the UK if that Helps)

Do they come premade like my current coils do. I have come across videos of people feeding through cotton manually

Hi, the rba coil is a rebuildable coil, you buy one and keep rebuilding it. It comes with coils and you will need to put cotton through it, the coils could go 2-3 rows of cotton but will have to be replaced after. The coils will have to be built or bought pre-made. Based on your little knowledge at the time on rebuildables... I would stay away for now or get one and start learning. Will need patience. I still use a smok tank although they are a joke but there are 3 tanks that run a huge amount of coils. I don't know on the big baby but on the small one the tfv8 baby beast , you can use a ton of coils, there is a list online with other brands coils that work in the tfv8 baby, tfv12 baby prince, the hellvape hellbeast... You can get eleaf , ijoy, geekvape, vapefly, vaporesso, wotofo.. They are better quality thank smok and they are the same fit. I do think that the big baby had the medium coils that also have a few other brand equivalents. Hopefully a member will find and post that list.

Smok coils are attrototious on QC and 1-2 days is the norm now.
Dump the tank and buy a freemax mesh pro. You can thank me later.

^^ This ^^ Or buy the SkyNet Pro which takes the same coils as the Freemax Mesh Pro but is half the price to buy with no noticeable change in flavour.

double this^^ skynet pro was on sale for ages on ecigone for under a tenner and a no brainer. as said also same coils as freemax.
skynet original tank takes different coils and they are pants.

I've been looking at the Vandy Vape Kylin 2 rta. But not sure I'm confident in what I am doing yet. Plus it looks a little pricey when I factor in the tank, coils as I would have to get the premade ones to begin with. Plus all the tools and apparently I need some sort of ohms reader too

So I think I may plump with the free mesh pro. I like the reviews of those triple mesh coils. If they last longer than these rubbish smok ones I'll be happy. Did have a look at the skynet pro however as you mentioned all the cheap places seemed to be sold out.

A good set of pre-made coils will last weeks, if not months, with a little care. Most RDAs come with at least one set of coils. Cotton is arond the price of a stock coil & will last months. You have a regulated mod so no immediate need for an Ohm reader. With a little practise rewicking you'll be saving money for more shiny bits :D.

Back
Top Bottom