What's new

Another new convert to Micro-coils and cotton wick...

k, I want to give this a go... soooo what ohm was your coil?

Is this better suited for VV or VW or can you do it on a mech??

Hi KMS, depends on what ohmage the coil comes out at. Have been using them on the Vamo wacked up to 12 watts and it vapes lovely with 2.9 ohm coil :) Have had one on a mech with thicker gauge wire which came out at 1.8 ohms.

I've got 2 microcoiled igo's with cotton wick , running both on vv/vw mods , have yet to have any success with setup using a mech mod , as the ohmage is to high on them , think you'll need some .30 kanthal , unless you go dual coils ..

i#ll not be going back to normal coils though , this is by far the best taste i've had on a rebuildable ..

e7y2anaj.jpg

Micro coil on an aga-t with cotton wick 1.4 ohm.

pequ9y2y.jpg

Micro coil on chimbus with cotton wick 1.7 ohm.

Aga-t has had a few dry hits, think it might be the juice though :)

Want to give this a go, just a couple of q's if that ok? What cotton wool are you using? Ive heard unbleached (BP) is best, otherwise you should boil n dry out normal cotton wool? What Kanthal, wraps are used to get what ohms? What mm diameter coil? Sorry, just want to give it a bash, 1st on my aga t-2, rsst n cobra clones. Thanks in advance.

Want to give this a go, just a couple of q's if that ok? What cotton wool are you using? Ive heard unbleached (BP) is best, otherwise you should boil n dry out normal cotton wool? What Kanthal, wraps are used to get what ohms? What mm diameter coil? Sorry, just want to give it a bash, 1st on my aga t-2, rsst n cobra clones. Thanks in advance.

Anyone?

I've used .25 Kanthal A1 wound around a 2.54mm former, the number of turns depends on what ohms you want but if you make sure the coils are tightly together then 1.5 to 2.0 will do just fine. I'm running my Kayfun using a 5 turn, 1.6 microcoil on a single strand of 3mm silica, getting great vapour and taste and running at just 7w - much higher and the wick dries up quickly and you get scratchy hits... I'm also using a microcoil in my yada dripper with cotton, just get the organic stuff from your chemist or the unbleached stuff. I cant tell you how many turns exactly because its the length and thickness of wire that determine resistance so short thin can have the same resistance as long thick.

Watch this PBusardo video and follow the links...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTsS-Zw9dC8

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom