What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Another new convert to Micro-coils and cotton wick...

Has anyone tried a microcoil on stealthy's 5mm yet? :D
just thinking about ordering some and giving it a go...

I dont think you could call anything that size micro, I mean you dont get micro elephants... That said the main thing about microcoils is the way the wraps touch, If you could get the wraps really close together - more of a compact coil that would give a similar effect, its about raising the coils temp quickly without burning the juice so maybe it would work...

That's what I was thinking! -it's more about the coils touching..
-see the gals learning (yay!)
right I'm on hols tis week, so I think I'll order some up and have a fiddle about :D

Oo-er missus, You'll go blind you know if you keep fiddling about...:grin2:

That said I recoiled my Kayfun earlier with a 1.5 ohm microcoil, and a navy nest configuration of single 3mm silica, had to turn down by 2w as I was getting a burnt taste but now I think its ok, just need to see what happens over the next few days as the old wick was going strong almost 3 weeks in, but was maybe getting a bit overloaded with residual flavourings as the taste was getting really sweet...

Even girls like to fiddle every now and then:thud:
You've got me there, navy nest configuration?
is that something you use specifically only in the KFL? Will have to google....

I only have a penelope and an igo l....

Last edited:
Now then, you've got me there, navy nest configuration?
is that something you use specifically only in the KFL? Will have to google....

I only have a penelope and an igo l....

Its more a Kayfun thing, but you could use it on anything with sidewalls, basically the wick runs through the coil, down into the little plate / trough where the juice feeds in and then runs back up and around lining the sides so that the coil has wet wick around it, gives extra juice holding capacity and helps to stop the dry scratchy vape you sometimes get - although that seems to be less of a problem with drippers...

Ooh right, sounds interesting. Thanks tubs
Definitely going to put some time aside this week just to have a mess around on all things vape related.
Feeling guilty tho, with having a week off , -I've given myself a 'to do' list as long as my arm including redecorating 3 rooms, and sorting out the garden, but typically found myself sat here for most of the day on POV!.
good start gonloopy , good start :D

Has anyone tried a microcoil on stealthy's 5mm yet? :D
just thinking about ordering some and giving it a go...

Got some on order as soon as it arrives I'll give it a go and report back.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Tried a microcoil and cotton on my fogger v2 for the first time and it is fookin awesome! Hits like train, blows clouds like a cloud making machine and flavour is strong and clean. I have been using this setup for at least 48 hours non stop and no issues at all with the fogger v2 :D

k, I want to give this a go... soooo what ohm was your coil?

Is this better suited for VV or VW or can you do it on a mech??

Clearo? I am a noob

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I've stuck a micro coil in a Vivi nova with a cotton wick, seems to be vaping ok, had it in there for a couple of days. Only thing is you can't dry burn it to clean the coil. shaqs77

Back
Top Bottom