What's new

Another new convert to Micro-coils and cotton wick...

Clearo? I am a noob

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Clearo? I am a noob

This is more something that would be used on Dripping atomisers, and Kayfun / Russian / Rocket atomisers, not sure how an Evod would react to being stuffed with cotton wool...

I used 2mm cotton braid that they use in candles. Another member here put a link up. 100% natural. Got a yellowy tinge to it

OK, this might be the daftest question ever, but isn't cotton flamable? Then wouldn't you get a burnt taste?

If you let the cotton dry out it will certainly burn. Keep it sopping wet and all will be good.

I've got my A7 dripper micro coiled at the minute with cotton wool and its vaping brilliantly.

I wrapped 8 turns off kanthal round my filling hypodermic. Came out at 1.7 ohms. Threaded with some cotton wool. The whole process took Leeds than five minutes.

I've been playing around more with microcoils and cotton recently too - and they really are pretty great. My Igo-L is set up with one, and a dual set up in my Igo-W, and I've been using it with my KFL too!

I'm finding microcoils great now that I've got the hang of making them, and have them set up in almost everything. They seem to just give me a whole lot less difficulty than regular coils. Once they're done, that's it - and that's been a pleasure on my genesis tanks, I no longer spend time poking out hot spots, but I did have to roll my wick tighter to get it to fit - which took time in itself.

Cotton's also been good! I'm happy with the taste and flavour, but I never had a problem with the Ekowool I was using before. It does taste a little bit better, but I haven't been down the whole boiling/drying route - I just use it as is. It comes with the downside that I find myself obsessively checking to make sure it's nicely soaked. The last thing I want is to find I've burned the cotton at work without supplies for a quick replacement... although I think I'm being silly - I can taste the difference long before it actually burns.

The last thing I want is to find I've burned the cotton at work without supplies for a quick replacement... although I think I'm being silly - I can taste the difference long before it actually burns.

I keep a cotton wool pad in a ziploc plastic bag in my wallet.

This is more something that would be used on Dripping atomisers, and Kayfun / Russian / Rocket atomisers, not sure how an Evod would react to being stuffed with cotton wool...

Ermmm I can confirm they dont like it lol

I like cotton and the microcoils, duelled, for dripping, excellent for fruits, but I do like to switch up between that, and regular silica/ekowool, as you get a more immediate blast without microcoils, I find.

Has anyone tried a microcoil on stealthy's 5mm yet? :D
just thinking about ordering some and giving it a go...

Back
Top Bottom