What's new

Another Fogger Question

right progress report.... after wanting to throw things round like a mad man and take a hammer to the damn fogger i have got it working with out the burnt taste. heres what i did ( after making a micro coil which i could not get the wick through but thats another storey). right then i used 3mm silica with 5 wraps of .20 which came in at 2.1 ohms. i then put a 2mm silica wick across the top of that like a flavor wick. now its not giving the burnt taste and i have it running at 9 watts. flavor is not a great as i was expecting but im guessing its still bedding in abit so im hoping it may improve a bit. i also didnt screaw the chimney all the way down either. and the o ring people are talking of????? where is that located as i didnt see it, fogger is second hand so maybe gaz18983 (This man is a top bloke) took that out???

I sent a bag of bits lee . It's the smallest oring in the bag pal

ile be honest. i didn't have any joy on mine with the thiner kanthals. i like to use .25 but I'm going to get some heavier stuff to try next.
I use .30 kanthal on mine - currently around a 2mm inner diameter coil with about 6 wraps giving a resistance of 1.5 ohms - I may try a smaller diameter to reduce the resistance when I next recoil it.

How often do you need to change the cotton?

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Thanks. I have just used cotton with some kanthal 12 wraps but not sure what size... Guessing its around .30 ish. Flavour is much better but not as much vapor as I thought.

Sent from my HTC One X using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

i bought some boots organic 100% cotton wool facial pads this morning. there real handy. because there compressed cotton wool you can just cut a strip off with a scissors your required thickness. feed it through the coil and then just fluff it up afterwards. works a treat.

I'm being a bit of a nub considering I've only ever coiled protanks so the fogger is laughing at my efforts. Hated the taste off the mesh, and the silica I have is too skinny, so been playing with ekowool. Eventually (doubled 2m eko with a 1m silica sitting on top) got it to not short, no dry hits, and no flooding, but while the clouds are epic, it just tastes...hot, no actual flavour after the first hit. It is running 1.1 which is well lower than I normally go, does that sound like it's just needing a more ohm-y coil?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Back
Top Bottom