What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Ammit mtl coil issues... (but probably just me!)

Shugs81

Initiate
I'm confused at how to do this... I only got it Friday and burnt out a DIY coil at 0.95ohm and I think I've killed the first of the Clapton coils that came with it...

I've read bits and pieces before I started... The concensus seemed to be that less cotton is more.. But I've just seen a post that someone said use more cotton...
I'm using cotton bacon..
I checked the coils before adding the cotton and they were firing evenly...
Also I was using the jacvapour s22 tank with a 1ohm coil and on my current mod was using it around 11-14w... I managed to get to about 20w with this rda but its really hot... And the last review I watched the guy pointed out that it didn't get hot...

Wtf am I doing??? Lol...

Pic of my first coil is attached... My phone doesn't wanna let me add it as a link...

Attachments

• DSC_0075.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 238
I'm confused at how to do this... I only got it Friday and burnt out a DIY coil at 0.95ohm and I think I've killed the first of the Clapton coils that came with it...

I've read bits and pieces before I started... The concensus seemed to be that less cotton is more.. But I've just seen a post that someone said use more cotton...
I'm using cotton bacon..
I checked the coils before adding the cotton and they were firing evenly...
Also I was using the jacvapour s22 tank with a 1ohm coil and on my current mod was using it around 11-14w... I managed to get to about 20w with this rda but its really hot... And the last review I watched the guy pointed out that it didn't get hot...

Wtf am I doing??? Lol...

Pic of my first coil is attached... My phone doesn't wanna let me add it as a link...

what do you mean by "I only got it Friday and burnt out a DIY coil at 0.95ohm" what happened to the coil?

"and I think I've killed the first of the Clapton coils that came with it" why is it 'killed'?

"I managed to get to about 20w with this rda but its really hot" ... 20w is pretty high for MTL, that's over what a 1ohm coil would give on a mech/in bypass, with a 1ohm coil 3.7v is about 13.5w which is where I would be starting.

The first coil was tasting very burnt... And looked black.. But I've had a look some more and like you say I think I need more cotton.. And that coil was probably fine still...

I think I've watched too many people using it too many different ways... I'm just about to try more cotton before ditching this coil... As its starting to taste a bit burnt too... But then it may be me not putting enough juice in as I'm used to having a tank...
Will give it a go...
And good to know it should be low wattage! Just seems people got a lot more clouds... But then that might be the lack of cotton again...

I think the cotton may have been the issue... I just kept reading less is more... Guess I went too much less!

Back
Top Bottom