POTV - Your vaping community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Why not sign up today!

Register

All gone wrong help freak show mini

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Mods and Devices' started by jammy b, Apr 6, 2016.

1. jammy b

jammy b Postman

So today I tried to build my first rda I have a freakshow mini pre made kanthal 0.35 27 gauge 1 0hm coil and organic cotton so I started building the coil read at 2.5 wtf???then when I fired it,it all collapsed it scared the life out of me and I am to scared to touch it pls help :S

2. 9668harry

9668harry Achiever

Don't panic, don't panic Mr Mainwaring

It's probably something simple. Pictures of your build will really help.

1, Was the coil nice and tight in the terminals?

2, Was the coil away/clear from the sides and deck of the atty when installed?

3. Did you check the resistance on a resitance meter or did you just fire on a mod?

4. Did you pulse the coil at a low wattage first to get it glowing nice and even from the inside to the outside of the coil?

#2 9668harry, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  3. EmbraSewerRat

EmbraSewerRat Veteran

Aye, don't use the pre made coils that come with an atty!!

Best pop on over to the fragrant and shiny @stealthvape and get some wires and make your own coils for the atty.

and do what @9889harry above says. Test coils with low power pulses after checking the ohms are as they should be from checking on a coil calculator first.

4. Gravelthroat

Gravelthroat Achiever

As said above an make sure u don't have legs pokin out of the other side of the terminals that could be touching anything they should not be touchin

5. city461

city461 Legend

If your not at the making coils stage just now have a word with the resident chunt @cloudcuckoo , he can knock you up a few tailor made for the mini..

• Like Like x 2
  6. Gravelthroat

Gravelthroat Achiever

• Like Like x 1
  7. cloudcuckoo

cloudcuckoo Vendor

Chuck a piccie up dude let us have a look, sound advice already been given. Its nowt that can't be fixed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clownstyle

Clownstyle Achiever

The deck on the freakshow mini is very small. Easy to short out on the deck if your coils are not bang on. If your ohms jumped up, it could have been a loose wire in the post hole like someone has already mentioned.

It will totally reward your efforts though, my Mrs has a pink one and she loves it.

Also be careful of using plastic drip tips as it can melt them quite easily.

9. jammy b

jammy b Postman

Thanks all for the replies I will attempt a build again later and post pictures wen kiddies r asleep,basically im connecting coil to centre post and left hand post im firing and basically it lights and and falls to the side im positioning coil over airflow and nothing touching the deck etc

10. jammy b

jammy b Postman

Step one

Attached Files: