What's new

AGA-T2 - Help needed :)

Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. My first rebuild of the aga t2 was perfect, no hot spots or anything, I was very impressed with myself. (I think that beginners luck is very important in vaping lol).

However, since that first rebuild, I haven't successfully rebuilt a coil without it popping at the centre post so I've just ordered some m2.5 washers.

I was about to give up on it but then a Google search brought me to this thread. I don't know why I bother with Google as it always seems to bring me back here anyway lol.

The washers help a lot, add in the Petar K method and it works a treat for me.

One thing though is that now I've got the coil sorted I seem to be having wick issues. I recently bought a chefs torch to oxidise the wick but it's tasteless compared to ones I've oxidised with a lighter. Have I over oxidised it?
There is little taste below about 8 watts on a vamo and if I go above 8 watts I taste metal and unpleasant

You might have rolled the wick too tight or overtorched
The wick hole of aga-t+/2 is pretty small, so i can imagine that the wick needs to be pretty darn good to wick properly.

Ive yet to try it, but 4 x 4 cm should be good.

You might have rolled the wick too tight or overtorched
The wick hole of aga-t+/2 is pretty small, so i can imagine that the wick needs to be pretty darn good to wick properly.

Ive yet to try it, but 4 x 4 cm should be good.

I'd only just go the new chef torch so might have gone a bit gung ho on the poor wick. But thanks to the Petar K method I can just remove and re-try.
The thing I found with the torch was it's quite tricky to get an even colour all around the wick, it colours more on the side you're torching, whereas with a lighter it was giving an even colour all round when oxidising one side. Just going to have to experiment with the torch methinks

One other thing I have done to improve taste and vape with the AGA T2 is I drilled the wick hole to 3mm which obviously allows for a bigger wick hence that can make it a bit easier to make and fit a straw type wick, allowing a bigger center hole to aid wicking. I have even done this with my prized cobra which gives a similar result to the AGA T2 with taste and vape.

Simon

Now im having OHM issues, i take 3 turns, and it gives me 0.8 ohm, i do 4 turns and it gives me 0.9/1 ohm. Ive checked for shorts, etc... i tryed 0.20 and 0.25mm wire

Now im having OHM issues, i take 3 turns, and it gives me 0.8 ohm, i do 4 turns and it gives me 0.9/1 ohm. Ive checked for shorts, etc... i tryed 0.20 and 0.25mm wire

I *think* that might be the wick shorting out. I've had that a few times and last time had to give the wick a bit more flaming.
But I've found recently that my beginners luck has all gone. Now it takes so long to set up that I'm thinking of selling it and getting an RSST

Back
Top Bottom