What's new

After a flavour coil

dan holton

Postman
I need some recommendations on which coil will produce the best flavour on my aqua v2. Either in dripping or tank mode.

Currently have .15 .20 .25 .30 mm Kenthal and muji.

I have never tried anything like zippers or Clapton but would be willing to try I guess.

You're highly unlikely to get a Clapton in a tank, I struggle to get one with 4 wraps in my Mephisto dripper at times!

You might be able to do a twisted wire coil in there ( I know f-k all about tanks, bar a Fogger to be fair). Get 2 lengths of either the 28 or 30gauge and either twist with a drill or by hand - drill is far better as it'll get wound tighter - and use that to make a coil. Should give you a bit better flavour.

I'm not sure if it's wicking that's the issue. I use muji cotton and everything tastes the same. Does muji have a taste?

I find a simple 1.2ohm spaced single will be just fine for flavour.

You may be able to squeeze a parallel in there which is a single made with two strands side by side, this will half the resistance though.

Currently running 1.12 in the Lemo and 1.3 in the rose, the lemo is winning on flavour

My favourite flavour coils for RTA's are twisted, clapton, and dual micro coils with as many wraps as you can fit

Sent from my iPhone using Planet of the Vapes

Tank is an aqua v2

If you have a drill twist some .30mm kanthal together and do as many wraps as you can fit.

If not just use your 0.3mm kanthal to make a couple dual coils with as many wraps as possible, not sure how many would fit on the aqua deck but about 14 wraps with 2mm diameter would give some great flavour and vapour, should come in at roughly 1ohm

Last edited:
Will that fire in my hana 50w clone

Yh the dual coil build i described should be around 1 ohm so that would be fine, with twisted coils it would come in lower depending on the amount of wraps, the more wraps the better is my rule with regulated mods

Back
Top Bottom