Vape Club
What's new

Aeronaut v2.5 /v2 users......

Vape Club
I use some SS fused clapton wire to make a 3mm inner diameter coil. I think it was 5 wraps and came in at about 0.35 ohms.

This gives great flavour, the resistance is a little bit too high to perform well on mechs (with the airflow wide open) but the build is great on a regulated device.

I use some SS fused clapton wire to make a 3mm inner diameter coil. I think it was 5 wraps and came in at about 0.35 ohms.

This gives great flavour, the resistance is a little bit too high to perform well on mechs (with the airflow wide open) but the build is great on a regulated device.
Thanks
Do you use 24, 26 or 28ga?

Vape Green
I'm using 3mm fused claptons (5 wraps with 26awg and 34awg). Titanium for TC, Kanthal with a Nichrome wrap for VW. About 0.1 and 0.4 ohm.

I used 28 kanthal core with 34 nichrome wrap and a 28 stage wire for mechs but can't remember how many wraps or resistance. Worked great, though.

I'm using 3mm fused claptons (5 wraps with 26awg and 34awg). Titanium for TC, Kanthal with a Nichrome wrap for VW. About 0.1 and 0.4 ohm.

I used 28 kanthal core with 34 nichrome wrap and a 28 stage wire for mechs but can't remember how many wraps or resistance. Worked great, though.

Should say that while I love titanium there are safety things that you need to Google before you mess with it.

Premier Ecigs
Thanks
Do you use 24, 26 or 28ga?

I’ll be honest and say I’m not sure. The specs aren’t on the reel. It was def SS, I believe it was fused clapton wire, and I think it was with 26g core and 32g wrapped around it.

Being a fairly chunky length of wire meant 5 wraps made a fair sized coil. The 3mm inner diameter meant that a fair bit of wick could be put through it, but not so much as it won’t fit down one side of air hole bar piece at each end either. I’m away at the moment and don’t have it with me but could take a couple of pics once I’m home if it’s any help?

I’ll be honest and say I’m not sure. The specs aren’t on the reel. It was def SS, I believe it was fused clapton wire, and I think it was with 26g core and 32g wrapped around it.

Being a fairly chunky length of wire meant 5 wraps made a fair sized coil. The 3mm inner diameter meant that a fair bit of wick could be put through it, but not so much as it won’t fit down one side of air hole bar piece at each end either. I’m away at the moment and don’t have it with me but could take a couple of pics once I’m home if it’s any help?
Hi
No need for a pic, thanks though.
I'm currently using a kanthal staple staggered fused clapton which only just fits. It's coming out at 0.17 ohms and produces great flavour at 90W.
90W is a lot higher than I usually vape at.
I tried a couple of simple coils using ss316l 24ga and also flat ni80.
The ni80 produced acceptable flavour but not as good as the larger coil. The ss316l was very muted. Both these coils produce great flavour in my Pulse 22, dead rabbit etc.
Im thinking that a large ss clapton will give good flavour and a quicker ramp up without going to 90W.

AcmeFog
Been using this for months, can't remember what it is - works great though. Was bought last year from Crafty Coils.
Converted to v2.5, same build - on a Rig Squonker now.

IMAG1110.jpg

Back
Top Bottom