What's new

Advice on single coil build

I'll level with you. I'd suggest, for a mech, 24g is the ideal gauge for coils. The fence wire 21g look nice. But have a hell of a lot of mass, or are so low even Bogan would raise an eyebrow. You will need to space some coils but, all in all, it's the best balance. And it looks like it's the cheaper option, for you. So win win.
Lol, but now u guys got me curious...i guess ill just add it to the 'to do' list for when i have a few bux to burn

It is not a new idea. It has been done and a few years ago there were a few on here enthusiastic about it. It works but never took off in a big way , Perhaps having to unscrew it is an unnecessarily complication from using a smooth mandrill then spacing the coil.
Have to really wash that bolt too as the machine oil tends to stick in the threads and transfer to the coil wire.
decent enough solution for an even space though. As you say, every extra step becomes a chore after a while as the wire will naturally space evenly if pulled and compacted back down on a flat jig.

Back
Top Bottom