What's new

Advice on single coil build

Damn, is there any converter from gauge to width/thickness?
Once you use flat nichrome (brochrome) in an rda you'll probably not bother with fancy multi strand coils again. (Unless expert made).
Easy, fast and a huge surface area to produce vapour.

By flatware do u mean flatwire? Im still trying to figure that stuff out, since it doent come in gauges, it comes in widths and thickness. I was starting to consider a higher guage dual twisted n80 as my best bet, but what is brochrome and where can i get it?

Edit:eek:nce u stop looking at vape stores and go to a wire place like kaybee vapes, u can get 100ft spools for 4 bux, so im game for anything
Err, oops.
Stealth vape lists it's flatWIRE:11: like it's round wire, I believe. So their 24G brochrome is the equivalent of AWG 24 round wire.

The steam engine one was good because i cant order the 'brochrome' cause im not in the uk, i assume its just a trademarked name for their ribbon wire.

Im actuall suprised tho, i didnt think id have enough space for it on a 6mm wide build deck, but 6 wraps of .8 x .3mm (common available size) totally works
It is but be careful. Ribbon wire is a different thing all together. Very thin and not suitable for coil building unless as a central wire for a flat clapton.
I know you know but I will remind anyone else using steam engine to build with brochrome. Use the standard nichrome wire of the same gauge in your calculation window not ribbon. You'll end up in a right pickle.

It is but be careful. Ribbon wire is a different thing all together. Very thin and not suitable for coil building unless as a central wire for a flat clapton.
I know you know but I will remind anyone else using steam engine to build with brochrome. Use the standard nichrome wire of the same gauge in your calculation window not ribbon. You'll end up in a right pickle.
Been there!

Ok
Ok, but there r two different options, at least on the page im looking at, one is 'flat ribbon wire' which i find funny because its flat AND ribbon, but its all .1 mm, which is obviously too thin, but then there is what is called rectangle resistance wire .9x.3, is this still too thin? I see a review about using it for claptons but none for using it on its own

Ok

Ok, but there r two different options, at least on the page im looking at, one is 'flat ribbon wire' which i find funny because its flat AND ribbon, but its all .1 mm, which is obviously too thin, but then there is what is called rectangle resistance wire .9x.3, is this still too thin? I see a review about using it for claptons but none for using it on its own
Nevermind, found the answer, another site lists .9 x .3 as 23 guage

Ok

Can you not just change the measurements. You can with Steam Engine. Though I use the round wire option, as has been said, personally.

Incidently,
Can you not just change the measurements. You can with Steam Engine. Though I use the round wire option, as has been said, personally.
Changing the weasurements and finding someone selling those measurements are 2 totally different things.

Btw, while on the subject, is there any reason not to use a 3mm bolt to make a 3mm coil if you r using round wire? Seems like it would make a perfect spaced or unspaced (depending on the guage of the wire) every time. Then just unscrew the bolt from the coil once its made.

Back
Top Bottom