What's new

Advice on single coil build

Jd_

Achiever
Looking for help for a single coil build that will work best around 40-50 watts with the fastest ramp up time as possible.

Any wire, any wraps, altho i only have about 6 mm space. Can probably fit a 3.5 wrap if necessary.

Zeus single coil, running on a single 21700 mod for now, hence the low wattage and preferably quick ramp up

0.4 build, 22 gauge SS 11 wraps 3.5 i.d,

I vape it 40watts, a bit higher if I have TC on.

I use that on my blotto as a single coil.

I would suggest nicrome 80 ( sometimes written as Ni80 or NiCr 80/20). Fast ramp-up, but burns out quicker than kanthal.

0.4 build, 22 gauge SS 11 wraps 3.5 i.d,

I vape it 40watts, a bit higher if I have TC on.

I use that on my blotto as a single coil.
If i erred on the side of caution and went with 24g in case i had to go with 9w of 3mm and came in about .45 ohm instead of just under .4 ohm would there be much difference, other than the loss of surface are obviously? And would it be noticeable?

I would suggest nicrome 80 ( sometimes written as Ni80 or NiCr 80/20). Fast ramp-up, but burns out quicker than kanthal.
Ive heard that ss is slightly faster than n80, but n80 is a lot more forgiving as far as overheating. Hence the tc, which is fine for me, my mods all have it

11 wraps of 22g? I only have about 6 mm to work with. What about higher gauge fewer wraps?

Edit: heh, just puched it in, guess that would fit
Ops missed the 6mm bit lol

I'm sure there will be more useful suggestions :)

I dunno man, it might actually fit, i can always go 24g and like 8 wraps or so, i was just looking at n80 too, i can get fairly close with 3mm 8 or 9 wraps, and either if i go 24 gauge

Its all good, i still had my head in the claptons, which take too long for me, i needed to have it pointed to round wire, which u did n now i think this might work

I forgot the million dollar question, what the heck do u use to make a 3.5 mm coil without a 3.5 mm jig?

Back
Top Bottom