What's new

[advice needed] Setting up a non-sub ohm MTL RTA

learnincurve

Achiever
Am I on the right track with this? Friend wants RTA but not sub-ohm. I've only built low before so this is all new to me.

The plan: Billow V3, with Kanthal A1 34 AWG, 5 wraps 2.5mm should put it at 1.7ohm.

Is this going to fit or will it be too bulky for the billow? Should I do 3mm and 4 wraps instead? Do I do spaced or non spaced?

Use thicker wire than 34awg, that's helluva thin to work with - try 26awg 10 wraps around 3mm for 1.4 ish or 28awg 7 wraps around 3mm for the same.

Problem is that I'm going for a duel coil build on a deck that is quite small. If I have to go thicker and single than I will but I'm trying to avoid it. Another slight annoyance is that I'm missing 32awg in my kanthal set.

Single or double doesn't make a difference, dual coils don't have to share a deck.

I agree with @stevoknevo, 34 gauge is very thin and can lead to problems. There is easily room enough on that deck for the builds he suggested.

I should explain, posted OP in a rush because I didn't think I was getting my hands on it tonight but he popped round. It's sacrilege but it's going to have to work on a kangertech Evod Mega battery, and it's being used by someone who won't go below 1.8. As I said, I could go single coil easily right now but I'm actually interested in the challenge of getting a duel coil 1.8 ohm build going on pen battery. This is because some wanker sold a billow V3 to a kangertech Evod Mega owner, and I want him to be using it next time the cheeky prick sees him, if he can say "oh yeh it's working champion got a duel coils build going" then that'll be worth the agro. I offered him my coolfire IV but he won't take it until he can buy it from me.

I have it in my hands now (didn't when I posted) and I've just done a test on sizing using 26AWG wire and maths. Thickest wire possible is 2x 30AWG 3mm 11 wraps which puts it at 1.8 That would be a 25-40w build for the coolfire.

Did it, first I made the 34AWG build just because I could. Then I went and built the biggest coils I could fit on that deck.

1.68 Yeah!

a0cKbU6l.jpg

Back
Top Bottom