What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

ADVICE NEEDED - Coils and such

I think the Hastur is partly to blame, either that it is just straight up my inability to do things properly [emoji23]

Received the 4 in 1 pack today in the post. Put in a MTL Staple which is Ni80 this time and should come out to 0.68, for me it's come out to 0.59. But no fluctuation, and it tastes and vapes awesome.

Any thoughts?
20201211_150950.jpeg
20201211_151037.jpeg

I think the Hastur is partly to blame, either that it is just straight up my inability to do things properly [emoji23]

Received the 4 in 1 pack today in the post. Put in a MTL Staple which is Ni80 this time and should come out to 0.68, for me it's come out to 0.59. But no fluctuation, and it tastes and vapes awesome.

Any thoughts?View attachment 234201View attachment 234202

@Simon G has the Hastur..... he will know how accurate it is

DNA60 Epetite 0.67
Wismec RX Mini 0.74
Vaporesso Revenger mini 0.63
Hastur 0.70

If we presume the DNA is the most accurate then the Hastur is reading 0.03 out, which is more accurate than the other two mods I have handy. Wismec is 0.07 out and the Vaporesso is 0.04 out.

... so based on that I'd say it was pretty accurate.

DNA60 Epetite 0.67
Wismec RX Mini 0.74
Vaporesso Revenger mini 0.63
Hastur 0.70

If we presume the DNA is the most accurate then the Hastur is reading 0.03 out, which is more accurate than the other two mods I have handy. Wismec is 0.07 out and the Vaporesso is 0.04 out.

... so based on that I'd say it was pretty accurate.

Nice one, as I mentioned earlier I think it's the coils

The resistance of SS316L will jump about a bit until the coils are settled down and then be stable. I normally get through this period when dry burning so it’s not such a big hassle. The thing I always watch out for is not over heating SS in the dry burn. It’s very easy to wreck that alloy. For 0.1 ohm coils I’ll dry burn them at max 25w to get the hot spots out and burn away oils. Those coils might be run in a 90w-115w range though so a bit different to your set up! I don’t MTL but if the same logic applies, then dry burning at around 4w would do the same job. Don’t take my word for it though as I have zero MTL credentials to call upon!

It's defo the coils..... they are lower than stated..... I have just put a new one in, again added a wrap n a half reads 0.74 this time on an istick power mod, on a pico it reads the same.

Back
Top Bottom