What's new

About to try first RTA - help!

Simebaby

Postman
Hi All
I’ve just had my Aspire Neeko drop through the post, along with some pre-made coils (Coilology MTL coils - looking to start gently).
I’m probably describing this badly, but on the coils the legs point “down” (I’ve attached a pic). The tank needs them to point horizontally as it’s postless (i.e. to the left and right rather than downwards).
Do I just wind one of the legs a 1/2 turn round? Or will that mess up the resistance etc?
TIA
Si

coilology-mtl-clapton-premade-coils.jpg

Hi All
I’ve just had my Aspire Neeko drop through the post, along with some pre-made coils (Coilology MTL coils - looking to start gently).
I’m probably describing this badly, but on the coils the legs point “down” (I’ve attached a pic). The tank needs them to point horizontally as it’s postless (i.e. to the left and right rather than downwards).
Do I just wind one of the legs a 1/2 turn round? Or will that mess up the resistance etc?
TIA
Si

coilology-mtl-clapton-premade-coils.jpg
Yes just wind one leg round the resistance will be fine, good luck.

Adding an extra half wrap will raise the resistance slightly, taking off half a wrap will lower it a little but it's nothing to worry about. Personally I would add half a wrap if it doesn't make the coil too wide to fit as it gives a little more coil to cotton contact and slightly better flavour IMO.

One thing to be aware of is the resistance of SS 316L will change with heat and the 0,7 ohms on the label is a guide - there can be variation. The resistance will probably be lower than you expect until you glow and strum the coils. After checking for hot spots. allowing the coils to cool and wicking the resistance will probably be closer to what you are expecting.

During vaping the resistance of the coils will increase with heat, and lower as they cool - if you're vaping in Wattage mode don't be surprised if the ohms display on your mod changes as the coils heat and cool down, if it does its nothing to worry about.

If you decide to try TC vaping with SS316L make sure the coils and tank are at room temperature before you start - the mod needs to set the resistance with cool wires to operate the TC properly.

Have fun.

Another thing that no-one has mentioned so far, make sure not to get the coils too hot when setting them up with SS316.

Thanks all. All good - my pic was slightly inaccurate as it was actually the N80 0.9ohm coils I got. Resistance started at 0.87 and settled down to 0.91 once bedded in.

Back
Top Bottom