What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

316L info i came across

Jd_

Achiever
I came across this info on a website. I assumed not all 316L was identical but didnt realize it was probably common practice:

'The addition of nickel provides good ductility and ease of forming and welding.
But not all bar stock is the same. Swagelok 316/316L stainless steel tube fittings and instrumentation valves contain more nickel and chromium than minimally required by ASTM standards for bars and forgings.'

Maybe its because of the processes that they have to go through when said items are being formed.
Just a thought?

Maybe its because of the processes that they have to go through when said items are being formed.
Just a thought?
No, my point was that its done intentionally for different purposes.

I would pay extra for 316l wire with a higher than normal nickel content if it were easier to shape

No, my point was that its done intentionally for different purposes.

I would pay extra for 316l wire with a higher than normal nickel content if it were easier to shape
can you not just get annealed wire?