I purchased a SS Vamo a while ago and it was sold as broken. My original intention was to swap the insides from my chrome one into this or purchase a PCB from StealthVape to sort this one out.
The Vamo didn't turn on, it was dead as expected. I suspected a board fault.
As part of the process, I took the SS Vamo apart. Not a complex process as these things are only pressed.
I removed the lower section - This presents problem No.1. The resistance between the lower and upper piece was high - Ideally it should be zero or close enough. I forget the reading but it was not helping.
I remove the upper piece - This presents problem No. 2. The negative is soldered to a screw which is screwed into the top cap. This was loose, and only screwed part way in.
I have been playing with this for a couple of weeks and found these to be the only two problems.
I removed the bottom section, and turned it around until I had a good connection - I then applied Epoxy to the joint and reconnected - Epoxy was only applied to part of the joint to ensure a good electrical connection was still made.
I removed the top section, desoldered the screw, screwed it all the way in (adding a dab of superglue to act as a threadlock) and resoldered the negative wire. Replaced the top cap to test, added some Epoxy and reseated.
This was clearly a Late Friday Vamo.
The Vamo is a good "budget" piece of kit, and I would spend an extra £5 to make this a more reliable piece of kit from the onset and remove the pressed bits which are relied upon for a battery connection.
Anyway, waffling now. Here are a couple of piccies.