What's new

Stick.

The drilling with it held between my feet went well...
Course it did :D:D
bellymans pipe.jpg

Wow @bellyman great job! but your supposed to wait til you're all done til ya put the color to it ;)

We got some beautiful huge sticks here bet you and @vapesmarter would both love. Had to take some of the branches down off our big Crepe Myrtle trees in the front yard. Wow their wood is beautiful. They were hitting the roof of the house. Each year they bloom Pink blossoms.
We had a lot of rain the other week and the bark on them just started peeling off them for some reason. Here's the trees in my front yard

20190803_151419.jpg
20190803_151526.jpg

Here is a close up of that last one. We actually have 3 in a row there and a smaller one up near the driveway. This is a close up of the last tree. You can see how the bark is peeling off. But can see the grain. We think it's pretty anyway. And wow it is hardwood.
20190803_151708.jpg

20190803_151728.jpg

Wow @bellyman great job! but your supposed to wait til you're all done til ya put the color to it ;)

We got some beautiful huge sticks here bet you and @vapesmarter would both love. Had to take some of the branches down off our big Crepe Myrtle trees in the front yard. Wow their wood is beautiful. They were hitting the roof of the house. Each year they bloom Pink blossoms.
We had a lot of rain the other week and the bark on them just started peeling off them for some reason. Here's the trees in my front yard

View attachment 197604 View attachment 197605

Here is a close up of that last one. We actually have 3 in a row there and a smaller one up near the driveway. This is a close up of the last tree. You can see how the bark is peeling off. But can see the grain. We think it's pretty anyway. And wow it is hardwood.
View attachment 197607
View attachment 197608

that's monkey slip its quite rare they are a Japanese "Lagerstroemia" look them up:2thumbsup:

lots of different ones but light pink blush flowers smooth bark tree-like yep monkey slip its part of the same family

Cool! They are beautiful trees we have one that's growing in the back yard now too, but it's growing from under the corner of the house. We gotta dig it out. We wanna try and do it in a way that does not kill the tree or hurt the foundation either. But between the two the foundation has to come first...

Back
Top Bottom