What's new

My first e-pipe

If possible it's better to use mosfet instead of just switch. The thing is that regular switches can handle like 3 amps or something, but with mosfet you can draw much more around 40. My guess is that you will not use 40 amps but headroom does not hurt either. I saw many builds that use like simple switch. That is both dangerous and impractical. Thats I asked whether you'll be using metal strips or mosfet. Metal strips are great for pure mech. There is a lot of examples on YouTube so just search there. When you see couple of those you know exactly what is all about.
On the other hand mosfet is kind of a gate that fires mod and open/close position is controlled by the switch that user presses. So there is no big current going through the switch. Check the POVT discussion. I think it's called 'mod wiring'. Nice descriptions with images regarding the wiring etc... Also, there is another nice option called ClickFet. It think it's like 5-8 British pounds and does have mosfet inside but also much more like on/off, battery low, shirt circuit and similar safety tricks.
Hope this helps.

If possible it's better to use mosfet instead of just switch. The thing is that regular switches can handle like 3 amps or something, but with mosfet you can draw much more around 40. My guess is that you will not use 40 amps but headroom does not hurt either. I saw many builds that use like simple switch. That is both dangerous and impractical. Thats I asked whether you'll be using metal strips or mosfet. Metal strips are great for pure mech. There is a lot of examples on YouTube so just search there. When you see couple of those you know exactly what is all about.
On the other hand mosfet is kind of a gate that fires mod and open/close position is controlled by the switch that user presses. So there is no big current going through the switch. Check the POVT discussion. I think it's called 'mod wiring'. Nice descriptions with images regarding the wiring etc... Also, there is another nice option called ClickFet. It think it's like 5-8 British pounds and does have mosfet inside but also much more like on/off, battery low, shirt circuit and similar safety tricks.
Hope this helps.
I will do some searching and get a better understanding. Thank you much :thankssign:

Just found this. Good work :)

I converted a couple of tobacco pipes when I first started, but used old ego connectors. I always meant to have a go with a switch - I'll be interested to see what you do. :2thumbsup:

P1060660.JPG

Back
Top Bottom