What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

My first e-pipe a instructional guide

The tank she has uses a 0.5 ohm stainless coil Brenda can up this to a 1.2ohm but stainless is the key IMO I know people like nichrome coils but I can’t shake that chrome aspect I’ve worked with nickle chromium plated stuff is like watching hell the plating plants will eat through wood metal and some plastics it is really nasty stuff

Thanks for the info on the ohms and the advice on the nickle

Edit

And thank you @Jon The Vape for the info on the batteries!!
Haven't found the Exocells for US shipping but was shown where I could get the Vapcell with US shipping so will go with them
Thank you!!

Sorry took me so long to reply
Was at Mass

Last edited:
imagine the situation you have an e-pipe or a mod and your not sure if it's ok to use, most of the time its a 'no' to be safe, but there is a test

there are only certain mods you can do this with it's down to the battery cap

now follow this carefully

alfIMG_8008.jpg

tube with the negative end showing it would be the same if the positive end is showing

alfIMG_8009.jpg

bring in the battery cap near the mod don't screw it on

alfIMG_8007.jpg

now touch the the cap to the edge of the mod and touch the terminal on the battery if you have a failed board a short etc you will see a tiny blue sparks this means you have a dead short as you have completed the circuit so in effect this means the mod is a bomb the battery will start to heat up and discharge

its a test the last safety test without ohm meters and being sensible I expect you will never see it but if you do DONT use the mod

imagine the situation you have an e-pipe or a mod and your not sure if it's ok to use, most of the time its a 'no' to be safe, but there is a test

there are only certain mods you can do this with it's down to the battery cap

now follow this carefully

View attachment 188346

tube with the negative end showing it would be the same if the positive end is showing

View attachment 188347
bring in the battery cap near the mod don't screw it on

View attachment 188345
now touch the the cap to the edge of the mod and touch the terminal on the battery if you have a failed board a short etc you will see a tiny blue sparks this means you have a dead short as you have completed the circuit so in effect this means the mod is a bomb the battery will start to heat up and discharge

its a test the last safety test without ohm meters and being sensible I expect you will never see it but if you do DONT use the mod

So if it does this how do i get it fixed?

Edit:
I gather I can't fix something like that myself.
Would I be able to ship it back to you @vapesmarter
I don't think I would trust anyone else to mess with your work Stu

Last edited:
These are the LONG Ones M'Dear for Churchwarden Stems.

I would just say, that when not using the epipe, be sure to remove the battery for safety's sake.

Actually still have some left lol
Used to smoke pipes lol

It won’t happen it’s a general tip

But yes all my mods are covered by a warrantee and beyond I have had one back 3 times for board upgrades from a dna75 to a 75c to a yihi sx485j

Back
Top Bottom