What's new

'High End Pipe'

R87b66ffd80b0c6cf6fb2a712b1f50c43

Hi all :) I was somewhat concerned to discover this thread about half an hour after I finally decided to buy one of these 629X pipes after a couple of weeks of trying to make a decision about whether it was a good idea to shell out lots of cash on one. At first I was a bit shocked to read that the OP who obviously had a lot of experience was struggling to get this pipe to perform to his satisfaction but now having calmed down a bit I think that I am comfortable with my decision because maybe he and I are looking for different things. The problem is that I am a complete novice so would appreciate anyone's thoughts about whether I am likely to be happy when it arrives.

I say I am a complete novice and that is true about this generation of e-cig hardware but it certainly isn't true about smoking having battled with the dreaded ciggies for too long and successfully got off them using Heat not Burn technology. That remains uncomfortably close to the real thing and I feel I want to move on but not give up nicotine or the ritual of stopping for a smoke.
During the couple of weeks I have been trying to decide whether to get this pipe I have been vaping using two devices that a friend gave me after he was also given them. Being a non smoker they just sat in a drawer in his house unused until I decided to see if they worked which they did. One is an Aspire Triton & the other an Aspire Cleito. I have taken to them much better than I thought I would and (I think) using them has helped enormously with my decision to spend a lot on a pipe and I think also made me think that I am not looking for the same thing as the OP. The decision to buy this pipe as apposed to another one was actually simple - a huge weight of opinion saying it was money well spent together with reading lots of incidences of poor flavour and technical failures with cheaper models and also definitely wanting a wooden bowl.. What took some time and I hope I have this right is whether I want a pipe at all. Of the two devices I have been using my favourite has been the Triton. Being an ex-smoker or still a smoker, I suppose it did not take me long to discover there are two fundamentally different ways of smoking which I had never really thought about before but which I now know everyone on this forum will accept without question. This is whether you inhale straight into your lungs or whether you take a number of 'drags' before then inhaling them. Being a lifelong smoker I get more pleasure from the second approach but do fully understand that those looking for bigger hits will prefer the first. This is the reason why now after two weeks I prefer to use the Aspire Triton because although I started inhaling big clouds straight into my lungs it did not take me long to realise it had two adjustable air inlets, at the top and the bottom and I now have it precisely adjusted to give the right resistance for each pull before finally inhaling.

This I am hoping is the explanation why the OP is not getting his desired satisfaction but I think I might. From what I gather he is experienced as he is custom building part of what he uses and presumably will know how to achieve what he enjoys most which is a full bodied direct hit into the lungs. This is not what (I'm hoping) the E-Puffer is optimised to deliver - even the name conjures up images of smoking jackets and slippers unlike the state of the art wizardry and adrenalin rush promised by the Geek Vape X Mesh.

I really hope we are looking for two different experiences and I won't be dissspointed but I would love to hear what others think. I am not going to mess the distributor about by trying the pipe and then returning it. I've still got a few days and if I really feel I have got it all wrong I will just turn it round unopened and will start researching other options which have the restricted airflow that I seem to prefer.

You make some good points. I suspect that you are right about your style of vaping perhaps. being more suited to this pipe than the op.
It may well be perfect for your style. On the other hand it may not and being stuck with that one tank that comes with it is less than ideal.
You are entitled to return it for a refund. I would do that. I would not even open it to try it.
Then start a new thread called "£160 to spend on an e pipe" and look for recommendations for something that takes any tank with a 510 conector.

would rather distance him/herself from the trendy cloud-chasing games which are so popular among the younger generations."

this bit of the marketing blurb is hilarious :D

I fucking love that quote. Golden!

I think this is a high end price, but the pipe not so much. I would send it back unless you've started using it.

I had the original way back in 2013. It was utter shite and I suspect that this is pretty much the same? Only difference being that in 2014 it cost £40 :16:

Think that money would be better spent on a vapesmarter pipe.

I am so glad I found this thread and posted on it. I really appreciate everyone's comments and I have plenty of food for thought over the coming hours. There is a 50/50 chance the pipe will arrive tomorrow but whatever I'm going to take my time going through tnpoints you have all made. It's in my nature to want to be able to tinker around with something and I'm an inveterate model maker and fight constant battles with my better half as to why I simply must have another model helicopter or plane to build. Saying that though I can see there is a big attraction in being satisfied with a pipe that someone else has optimised as there is always the potential danger of ending up chasing your tail in search of that extra improvement that seems to get further away the more you try to pin it down.
All good fun though and I'd much rather have all the options that vaping offers rather than slavishly going to the offy everyday and parting with £10 or so for a packet of fags.
With apologies to the op, I'll report back on where I've ended up.
Cheers Paul

I am so glad I found this thread and posted on it. I really appreciate everyone's comments and I have plenty of food for thought over the coming hours. There is a 50/50 chance the pipe will arrive tomorrow but whatever I'm going to take my time going through tnpoints you have all made. It's in my nature to want to be able to tinker around with something and I'm an inveterate model maker and fight constant battles with my better half as to why I simply must have another model helicopter or plane to build. Saying that though I can see there is a big attraction in being satisfied with a pipe that someone else has optimised as there is always the potential danger of ending up chasing your tail in search of that extra improvement that seems to get further away the more you try to pin it down.
All good fun though and I'd much rather have all the options that vaping offers rather than slavishly going to the offy everyday and parting with £10 or so for a packet of fags.
With apologies to the op, I'll report back on where I've ended up.
Cheers Paul
I think the bottom line here is, mate, that you've bought a closed system. Kind of like a pod pipe. It works one way and one way only. If it's not to your liking, you're in the hole for 160 notes. A nice clickfet pipe from @vapesmarter (or any other pipe with a 510 connector that will accept the majority of tanks) will provide you with the power supply side of the hardware and you can throw whatever atomizer (size permitting) on it that you want in order to achieve the vape that you're searching for. I often chop and change between rtas on my pipe, keeps your options open [emoji16]
IMG_20210313_000825.jpeg

I was going to do a long-winded reply but in short, pipes are a different principle to mods they seem to have this image they can't shake off that's negative when I smoked a traditional pipe I found them satisfying things I was in my early 20s the image for 20 to 30 year old was hipster more sporty back in the day I recall. with the older generation portrayed as pipe and slippers but alas when the ecig pipe came about the image is always bad with lots of people ripping the piss

but on the flip side if you know your pipes and are a member of some popular Facebook groups one of the leading knowledgeable people on those groups is a lady she has ornate tattoos long flowing hair and even longer stemmed hand crafted pipe her knowledge is second to none in the pipe world.

Back
Top Bottom