What's new

Are all pipe stems created equal?

Yes, i agree, the S/S one goes nicely on that Kamry. I have several tanks that would benefit from stems with deeper 510 'inserts'..so might get a couple of those soon...but i'm still looking around currently.

Last edited:
@Rob
Just picked up some vulcanite stems to convert for e pipes. They are in need of a clean and polish Rob, just wondering if a dip in warm not hot water with Milton steriliser would be OK, then a polish with a solid wax such as Renaissance would be safe. Cheers Jon [emoji4]

@Rob
Just picked up some vulcanite stems to convert for e pipes. They are in need of a clean and polish Rob, just wondering if a dip in warm not hot water with Milton steriliser would be OK, then a polish with a solid wax such as Renaissance would be safe. Cheers Jon [emoji4]

COOL Water Jon. Vulcanite is strange stuff and usually Buffing is the safest way to bring them back. Long and tedious job, but worth going the course. I have never used Renaissance on a Stem, so can't advise on that one I'm afraid.

COOL Water Jon. Vulcanite is strange stuff and usually Buffing is the safest way to bring them back. Long and tedious job, but worth going the course. I have never used Renaissance on a Stem, so can't advise on that one I'm afraid.
Thanks Rob
Cool it is. When you say buffing take it you mean by hand not wheel buffer because of the heat.

@rew , that last stem, is it made of wood? If so have you had any problems with it? I was thinking about getting some wooden tips but was put off after thinking about risk of mold, rot etc.

@rew , that last stem, is it made of wood? If so have you had any problems with it? I was thinking about getting some wooden tips but was put off after thinking about risk of mold, rot etc.

That last stem is actually plastic. I did get a wooden stem from FT but I don't like the look and so never used it.

Back
Top Bottom