What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

The Rise of Pod Systems

Been using the Von Erl for a while now, so naturally my attention turns to how to make it better. Can it be refilled, wicked ect.

Refilling is easy, Qorax has done a video that explains it better than i ever could. Rewicking is do-able, need to cut one side then gently pull out. Recoiling is possible, but its bloody hard and wouldnt say its something you should venture into unless you have good eyes and can service swiss watches!

One complaint has been that you need to suck quite hard to activate the switch, the air hole is quite small, so i surmised a bigger hole would mean more negative pressure. I drilled it out to 2mm and hazzar! Its an easier draw now with a touch more air. Perfect!

Last edited:
Another little tip for the VE, if you want to vape higher VG juice, theres a trick to help.

The rubber grommet thingy that sits on top of the deck has two little prongs holding down the cotton. Snip those off and your good.

If they are good then I think they will make a huge positive impact. It does my nut in that companies are selling boxes with TC mods, sub-ohm tanks and 3 different coils as 'starter kits' ... what use is that to someone trying to make the switch from fags? ... first thing they'll do is burn the crap out of the coils because the mod will be in the wrong mode, then they'll get it working and find out that the 18mg juice they bought is really harsh in the sub-ohm tanks, they'll come here and we'll tell them to buy a nautilus or drop thier nic to a level that won't be strong enough to get them off the fags and confuse them even more about the coils, so they have to spend more money after having already spend 60-80 quid on something that isn't working for them.

The day a smoker can walk into a B&M and be sold a juul and walk out vaping it or come here for advice and be recommended Von Erl can only be a good one surly?

It does my nut in that companies are selling boxes with TC mods, sub-ohm tanks and 3 different coils as 'starter kits' ... what use is that to someone trying to make the switch from fags?

The day a smoker can walk into a B&M and be sold a juul and walk out vaping it or come here for advice and be recommended Von Erl can only be a good one surly?

Totalt agree. These are useful from that perspective alone.

For me personally it's different. I enjoy the freedom of DIY and rebuilding because I'm not reliant on a specific, expensive consumable.

If they can be refilled it's a bit different. Especially if you can rebuild them as well. Even if that's tricky now it might get easier with time as systems change or through the ingenuity of pervasive modders.

I have a hard time seeing them replace my real gear but they could be complimentary. On the move, backup or what have you.

Even though I have loads of great mods and tanks and drippers and whatever else there's something about a small, convenient, satisfying vape that really appeals to me. I'm hoping to get something like the JUUL to use as my daily out and about ecig, and use the dripper with the real nice juices while relaxing at home.

The day a smoker can walk into a B&M and be sold a juul and walk out vaping it or come here for advice and be recommended Von Erl can only be a good one surely?

If they can satisfy an experienced vaper, then they should be more than adequate for newbies, especially the JUUL.

My interest in these is as a main device. For the last week or so, ive been using them almost exclusively.

Last edited:
So turns out the JUUL pods contain 50mg nic! No wonder everyone says they're very satisfying. I've noticed this myself with the lower nics we all usually use vaping, i can just keep going and going, but as soon as i vape something high nic it makes me put thr vape down, and thats a point i really want to get to. Can't be chain vaping all day forever lol

EDIT: seems like none of this matters though as apparently the juul isn't sold in the uk [emoji36]

Last edited:
Now it's been a few months since these pod systems started to appear, does anyone know anywhere in the UK that sells them? Google isn't really coming up with the goods.

I need something for Christmas at parents stealth vaping as my KF3 has developed a nasty temperamental streak. I know TW sells the iCare, but I'd rather not, and I don't fancy a Nautilus.

Now it's been a few months since these pod systems started to appear, does anyone know anywhere in the UK that sells them? Google isn't really coming up with the goods.

I need something for Christmas at parents stealth vaping as my KF3 has developed a nasty temperamental streak. I know TW sells the iCare, but I'd rather not, and I don't fancy a Nautilus.
Vape club just got the von erl kits and pods back in friday [emoji4]

Back
Top Bottom