What's new

Salt Virgin

beastly

Hello all, from a newbie with questions.

I've been vaping, more off than on, for a few months and now I'm planning to try nic salts.

Here's my kit...
Smok Stick Prince with larger glass-type tank.
Segelei Fuchai 213 with same kind of tank.

And here's my current fuel...
Flavourart juices based on 100% VG Velvet Cloud at 9mg or cut with Liquido Zero to 4.5mg plus flavour.

This arrangement presents two problems. First, it always catches me in the throat and makes me cough, hence the hi VG mix..Second, it doesn't satisfy nicotine wise. So I'm currently using 20 Cartlon S/Kings Bright analogues per day and only steaming occasionally.

I've done some research before making the change so these are my questions...

Nic salt juices are less alkaline than freebase ones so they can have higher nicotine strength. If I was to start (sub-ohming) at 5mg will I be less likely to bark like a sea lion? Or is 10mg a good start point?

Will the improved nic absorption give more satisfaction?

I like to sub ohm but I know that high strength mixes are really for lower wattage and higher resistance. Should I
be getting 1 ohm or higher coils for this change?

Best wattage on the Siegelei please? I believe the Stick Prince runs at 80 to 100 watts.

Does the smoother vape compensate for a mix with PG in?

I go MTL and I know I can fiddle with the airflow too.

I'm ready to buy some new fuel and the necessary coils etc but where to try? I want to buy from somewhere that won't be selling me rat poison or llama wee in bottles. So far, I've used Totally Wicked (nasty stuff) and Flavourart.

Sorry to go on at such length but I don't want to change blind. So, suggestions will be more than welcome.

Thanks, B.

My GF was struggling to stay off the fags with 6mg freebase juices so after a bit of research and advice from my vape shop we switched her to a Smok Nord (eww Smok, I know) with 20mg salts and it's worked a treat. She hasnt had fag since and isn't missing them at all. She's ended up with three now and four of her work friends have switched to one too. Not sure how helpful this is to you but it's my experience with salts lol. Oh and the juices are the IVG Salts range.

I believe improved nic absorption is a myth. The salt nic might help in that it will be a lot smoother.

And here's my current fuel...
Flavourart juices based on 100% VG Velvet Cloud at 9mg or cut with Liquido Zero to 4.5mg plus flavour.

That doesn’t make sense to me sorry. Are your current liquids 4.5mg?

If I was to start (sub-ohming) at 5mg will I be less likely to bark like a sea lion? Or is 10mg a good start point?

Will the improved nic absorption give more satisfaction?

I wouldn’t put anything higher than 5mg salts in the Prince stick, it’ll possibly make you a bit nic sick. It’ll be a much smoother vape than freebase nic the same strength, so you will likely get more nic satisfaction simply because you’re not just coughing it all out like you are the freebase.

I like to sub ohm but I know that high strength mixes are really for lower wattage and higher resistance. Should I be getting 1 ohm or higher coils for this change?

I think that would be the best idea yes. There are no plus ohm coils for the Smok, and I doubt for the Sigelei either, so it’s more likely that you’ll need a completely new tank.

Best wattage on the Siegelei please? I believe the Stick Prince runs at 80 to 100 watts.

Manufacturers sometimes etch the range of watts on the side of the coils. Without the name of the tank and the ohms of the coil, I can’t answer that.

Does the smoother vape compensate for a mix with PG in?

Yes, I think so. I think your current coughing issue is down to the (freebase) nic level being too high for the kit you’ve got. Your current kit is designed for low nic, big clouds - 4.5mg freebase or whatever you’re using would irritate most people’s throats irrespective of any PG content.

I go MTL and I know I can fiddle with the airflow too.

What does that mean? How are you using your devices? I don’t know about the Sigelei, but the Prince stick is designed to be used direct to lung. It should feel like literally just breathing through the device. It’s not designed to be smoked like a cigarette, by drawing the vapour into you mouth and then down to your lungs.

I think your best bet would be to get a tank designed to be vaped mtl to put on your Sigelei mod. Something like the Innokin Zlide or Zenith - a lot of people seem to rate those tanks for getting off the cigs.

Hope that was helpful, best of luck!

Thank you people! This is all helpful stuff for the simple reason that I really don't know what I'm doing. I expect you figured that out anyway!

Yes, I'm using 4.5mg freebase and barking on it, despite the 100%VG base.

Thing is, I've never really vaped successfully, starting on cigalikes some years
ago and trying various bits of kit since.

I looked the the IVG liquids but none of the flavours tempted me and it now seems that 20mg
would've put me right off.

So for now, I've ordered 2 x 10ml salts at 6mg from The Electric Tobacconist and we'll
see what happens. Before it shows up, I'll look into the tank/coil value issues to find out what's what.

Thanks again for the input.

B.

Evening all.

Progress! My 6mg nic salt liquids arrived and I just tried one in my Smok Stick Prince. What was immediately obvious
was minimal coughing! What was also obvious was that with a 0.17 Ohm coil and tight draw, the mix coming though
was far too hot. So the Banana Caramel Waffle tasted like it hadn't been too near any of these things in its life.

What is also obvious is that MTL is the way to use this liquid (as suggested) so I did some research.

I can't get higher Ohm coils for the Smok so all I have is the 0.17 coils and only the airflow to alter. Fair enough.

Since the Smok has a 510 connection, I have these to go with it.

Kanger Subtank Mini V2 with the square OCC coil.
Kanger CL2 Tank 2, with CLOCC coil.

Both of these have coils marked 0.5 Ohm but I have been able to order 1.5 Ohm coils for each.

I also took a look at Zlide and Zenith tanks (again as suggested) and these go up to 1.6 Ohms max so the answer is obvious.

So, I can take my Seigelei and run it at practically any wattage as well as go TC, S/S and so forth.

Now for the weird thing, the tank that came with the Segelei.

ATANK.jpg

This is a top fill tank, the black plastic drip tip has to be pressed down (as per a child proof
pill bottle) to unscrew it. Also, the airflow collar, if pulled down, locks so that the coil can be unscrewed.

Speaking of which.
COIL.jpg

Apart fom what you can see, this isn't letting on
what make it is what coil resistance it has. All
that's etched on it is the CE mark.

So when the bits arrive, it'll be trial and horror time.
I'll report in due course but any thoughts on wattage
and anything else would be welcomed.

Last edited:
I suppose it's all up to your own personal taste. I'm vaping 12mg nic salts at 30w right now so the kanger tanks with the 0.5 coils will probably work ok. I also use a smok nord with the 0.6 coil, vaping 20mg salts in that so it's not always about a certain wattage or coil resistance, just what your lungs can handle.

Thanks Glitcy,

I've found that 6mg salts in my Siegelei are kind of doing the trick so here's what I'm planning on doing.

I could use a pen-stype mod that has variable wattage and uses an 18650 battery. I have two in the frame...

The Uwell Nunchaku 80W Mod, which comes up on Gearbest UK at £29.99 (mod only), umtil you hit the 'Get this deal' link. Thenit changes to £49.62. Grrr!

The contender is the Rincoe Mechman 80, which actually is £29.99 and in stock. However, it's made of
'durable zinc alloy', which makes me wonder about the longevity of the femaile 510 thread.

Having found out that my Smok Stick Prince won't fire my Kanger CL tank, I'm looking for a pen-style
mod as above. I'll have to start web trawling.

Meanwhile, I have some 10mg salt liquid to try and it feels like I'm on the right track.

Thanks Leni,

The choice is widening!

I'll check this out. Also, Vamo V5 is about the same price
and like your suggestion, goes up to 15 Watts.
My Stick Prince gives 80 to 100 watts, which is too much for me and I can't turn it down ayway.

Another few hours' trawling required.

Back
Top Bottom