What's new

Question, I have been told..

Lower the PH the smoother the vape and if you vape 3mg but are time restricted and only want a few lung fulls then take it up to 18mg if you want it won't rip your throat out at all and no reason you can't as I've dripped 20mg at 140w on a goon with no issue and only vape 3mg DTL anything about MTL only for salts seems to be bullshit as far as I can tell

Yes and no.

MTL only for salts, definitely bullshit.

Lower pH equaling smoother vape though, not so much after a point.

Too far either side of neutral and you'll feel it.

Go too far into acidic and it'll burn exactly the same as too far into alkaline.

The addition of acid into (the really quite alkaline) freebase is to shift it closer to not noticeable.

But if you vape that acid straight it certainly won't be smooth...

Yes and no.

MTL only for salts, definitely bullshit.

Lower pH equaling smoother vape though, not so much after a point.

Too far either side of neutral and you'll feel it.

Go too far into acidic and it'll burn exactly the same as too far into alkaline.

The addition of acid into (the really quite alkaline) freebase is to shift it closer to not noticeable.

But if you vape that acid straight it certainly won't be smooth...
Good info mate but I was talking about the differences in the 2 options of salt available to the OP [emoji16]

I use 20mg salts in my pal2 normally with airflow wide open on 0.6 mesh coils, restricted DTL really, then for my squonkers with profile rda I use 50ml shortfills with a 18 or 20mg nic salt shot added to it to make 60ml of approx 3mg strength shortfill, I prefer salts to the freebase nic, i dont need the throat hit

Love this forum , allot of knowledge here and mainly available in a no bullshit variety :)

Yes forgot about the smoothie vape from nic salts..I strangely don’t get on with nic salts I find it makes my eliquid taste weird..this is definitely a me thing but I have tried all sorts..
I’m the same

Next Question .. Seems there are two types of nic salt.

Ph 4.8
7.2% (72mg) Nicotine Salts (Nicotine Salicylate)
Most seem to get on better with Nic-S. In practice the pH is around 6.2

Nicotine salt isn’t absorbed faster than freebase nic. In fact nicotine in tobacco is naturally in the salt form. It’s well known that for decades the big tobacco companies have been freebasing the nic in tobacco because it is absorbed faster and is apparently more addictive.

Problem is, Cmax of salts is higher and faster than freebase when vaping. Juul salts are freebased when heated, and seems to emulate the freebase within a pH adjusted cloud that a smoke cloud provides.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom