What's new

Question, I have been told..

Dezy

Postman
Hi

I have been told that Nic salts are only good for low wattage, but I can see no reference to that on here at all.. so am thinking it may be a myth?

Basically I need higher Nicotine to stop me ""Cheating"" and am checking I can use nic-salts in the same way I vape now (Direct lung) .. or is it just a low wattage MTL thing?

Also strength recommendations? I get a short break at work and need to cram in the Nicotine but don't want to strip my throat raw .. So I need a good starting point and adjust from there.

Any help gratefully received.

ive only tried a few so no expert on salts but they are more suited to lower wattage so mtl otherwise you will get a serious head rush especially with 20mg as they are so smooth.
best wait for regular users to explain better than me.

As far as I'm concerned, from my experience, there's no practical difference between freebase and salts of the same strength.

DTL with salts at 3mg isn't much different than with freebase at 3mg.

But, when people talk about salts and only being for low wattage MTL it always seems to assume much higher strength, possibly because of the US influence - it's probably not a good plan to use 50mg salts in a subohm tank...

When I was DTL, I was only using salts for quite some time - at an appropriate strength.

I always found salts much smoother, so it would be easily possible to use higher strength juice within reason - freebase 6mg was too harsh for me DTL, but 6mg salts wasn't.

Nic Salts are fairly strong. I use them solely in pod systems and even they can give me abit of a head rush, DTLing nic Salts I could imagine would make me feel sick pretty quickly.

Nic Salts are fairly strong. I use them solely in pod systems and even they can give me abit of a head rush, DTLing nic Salts I could imagine would make me feel sick pretty quickly.

What strength salts?

Have you tried the same strength freebase?

There’s no difference in the strength of nic salts compared to freebase..18mg is 18mg be it one or the other,...Tis the the way it physically reacts in your body that nic salts enters the system a lot quicker than freebase there for giving that “nic hit” almost instantaneously...some vapours use a lower strength nic salts for this reason while some take it into account while puffing a little more moderately..

What strength salts?

Have you tried the same strength freebase?

20mg Nic Salts. Not tried the 10mg yet as seem slightly pointless to me.

Nic Salts are alot smoother compared to free base at the higher MG strength. I can't really vape 18mg freebase anymore in any device due to harshness on the throat. If I need a nicotine rush (Can't vape often, stressful situation etc) I will use Salts in a pod.

Nic Salts are alot smoother compared to free base at the higher MG strength. I can't really vape 18mg freebase anymore in any device due to harshness on the throat. If I need a nicotine rush (Can't vape often, stressful situation etc) I will use Salts in a pod.
Yes forgot about the smoothie vape from nic salts..I strangely don’t get on with nic salts I find it makes my eliquid taste weird..this is definitely a me thing but I have tried all sorts..

That highlights what I said earlier - about the presumption that salts are stronger.

Saying:

DTLing nic Salts I could imagine would make me feel sick pretty quickly.

Is kind of irrelevant without specifying strength.

Yes, DTL with 20mg salts would likely have that effect.

DTL with 18mg freebase would also likely have that effect.

However, DTL with 3 or 6mg (say) salts is very very unlikely to affect you more than using 3 or 6mg freebase - in fact, it's probably likely to affect you less.

That highlights what I said earlier - about the presumption that salts are stronger.

Saying:

Is kind of irrelevant without specifying strength.

Yes, DTL with 20mg salts would likely have that effect.

DTL with 18mg freebase would also likely have that effect.

However, DTL with 3 or 6mg (say) salts is very very unlikely to affect you more than using 3 or 6mg freebase - in fact, it's probably likely to affect you less.
Yes it’s the speed of effect..

Back
Top Bottom