What's new

Playing About

For well over a year not smoking and on the e cigs, there has always been a want for a cig, think it is due to the low nic in my gear,and my brain hooks saying nicotine nicotine
Anyway decided to play a couple of weeks ago with nic salt .
So set up the aegeis single 80w with, a drop solo and a wee kanthal coil home made about 1.7 ohm, and a thread of cotton bacon.not had the heart to start my koh ken whatever you call it when i have 1.5 pk of bacon left.dripping at between 6 w and 10w. using 10mg solt black jack and 10mg i think wick liquor boulavard shatered ,mixed in with using my usual Dovpo's set up temp and low nic juice.most of the day.
Surprising used first thing lunch time and couple of times in evening.rest of the day my normal sub ohm gear.the urge disapearing, great. actually starting to use the salts more.
I tried a spare drop solo same coil as above in the wifes disused smok prince stick,silver rda goes nice with the shocking pink body,couldn't care, and it works well.
For such a low powered set up with down to two three air holes covered each side good flavour, better cloud production than a cig i rekon,and no cig urge, battery lasting a full day no questions, approx 2 days plus on 10ml bottle
So me being me and i have only played with,. i have bought a vandy vape simple x squonk got for £12 with discount and £3.50 48 delivery of the internet not ebay all scratch cards bar codes seals,and a spare squonk bottle. very good price.plus a chuthu1928 mtl tank,early test are good. I dont think i can put link up but if allowed i suppose you could pm and i can send link they may have some left
Next week big crunch away to spain for the week one dovpo with three juice and digiflavour for my work horse. and the aeges 80 w two tanks for dripping , And two set up for squonk on vandy vape.
I will be in my experamental laboratory on holiday the balcony, in the morning cup coffee with vandy vape and squonking various before out and about, usually up 4.30 am even on holiday, and in the evening before bed with a nice rumncoke or havanah club 7 yr old, Fleetwood mac. Santana or the stones on mp3, might even give Steely Dan an airing,now thinking van the man,A bit of dripping. During the main part of the day my standard sub ohm stuff
As usual on holiday i get a selection of small untried flavours to try, in the lab so as well as above in nic salt 10mg i have.Gummy bear.cola ice, a sorbet with lime and raspberries,blueberry,spearmint chews,green kelly neon ,green slushie,fresh squeeze, so plenty to play with. still cheaper than my old 40 plus a day.To try and find a nice one, been there before a couple of times and never liked the test stuff, daughters pal loves it when i come back her juice bill is nil for a month.And the vape shop always ask john when you next on holiday.
Now thinking away a lot of flavours in sub ohm just dont taste nice to me, don't know if its me and the extra heat,burning key flavours away or changing them lack of nicotine just dont do it, Not sure time will tell. Black jack made for sub ohm i dont like, but in the salts it is a dead ringer for the sweet i loved as a kid
Now actually thinking of looking for suitable sub ohm juices and using nic salt in a low dose same as the usual .3mg, wondering if the nic salt absorbtion wil be the same or could it handle slightly more?
ok enough of a ramble and about me just thought if someone is struggling with the cig want, you might be able to dust the old stuff off, and nic salts in my opinion dont need pods.

John.
p.s noted with the deep well in the drop solo, i rcekon at least, 15 good puffs before a drip.thats me being concervative

Last edited:
After a week on holiday the Simple x is okay but battery power etc is a bit short if you forget but not bad i suppose for its size , and the squonk capacity can be misleading, you think i have just filled it after giving it a squonk it looks empty,,then look 10 mins later and the level is up again.plus can be messy when refiting a new filled bottle if you mis judge and over fill,or put the tube in to quick, Also a very gentle squonk is required and keep in mind how much space a big finger can displace a 4ml bottle,can be messy but you learn,jury out if i will buy another,which i may as i can see where it is a handy wee thing more for say driving or as a wee nicotine hitter to keep in the top pocket for a quick draw.at work not a bad flavour and satisfying enough, used solts black jack, ivg spearmints chews salts.all tasted perfectly good, and more puff than a cig, funnny i used the metal cap on the atomiser but preffer with none of the mouth pieces fitted,seemed a fuller more flaverfull draw, than with any mouth pieces fitted. i used the supplied fused claptons at 0.8 ohms,
I more prefered the the 80 w aegeis with either a drop solo or the chuthulu both with small kanthal coils i made about 1.4 ohms and dripping both the above and ivg bubblegum salts,using between 6 and 10 w surprising flavour and how far 6 to 10 drops goes, was getting roughly two days out of 10ml,which i was happy on,and my local shop is doing a reduction on multiple buys which i will see if i can wiggle a better price for say buying 10 bottles of each flavour at a time,never know if you dont ask. have the ivg down to under £30 for 10 same on the solts ,on internet with post. Funny one i really like WICK LIQUOR Boulavard shattered in the Dovpo dual topside with the digiflavour mesh pro, cant stand the nic salts version the fruit does not come through as well and the menthol or coolant nips the mouth off me strange one? And thats on all the above small set ups,funnily enough my Elemments fresh squeeze sings in the dovpos for me but struggle to get the fruity tang and sweet taste in all the smaller units, Will give them another go as i did have a bit of head cold runny nose tickly throat so will wait a bit and try again
As on another got a bottle of cola bottles ivj and put in nic salts instead of freebase at a low level .3mg wondering how high i could go with nic salts in sub ohm juice? and i found mysely not constantly puffing to quell the craving for a corkendus fillitipus

Okay folks.
I have been playing around with the simple ex squonk and starting to think it is a great bit of kit now, the leaking and squonking was down to me, i thought the black bottle top just sat on top of the bottle. I have since found it unscrews in two and you mold the top of the silicone bottle with the narrow bit inside the bottom half, then screw the top half in , then fit. Result no more juice on mod or hands, the squeeze is tighter and only a gentle squeeze at that, that gives me 15 to 20 decent puffs,before squonking again. I have been using all week,and enjoying i still prefer not to have the mouth piece on the atomiser, The atomiser is shaped and narrows down. i feel it is a richer denser cloud full of flavour, and satisfying. Juice consumption seems to be getting a lot better i fillled the 4mm bottle Thurs 4pm and there is still enough to get me to tommorow morning, Bear in mind 4mm capacity but it will be less when you fit the cap with tube as the tube will displace the contents so you need to leave a space for it. Battery yep its small but it is a low volt use, getting from about 6am to 3pm, at work can clip to laptop in office to charge if reqd,but have not done this as i wanted to get an idea on battery life.
Liking So much so that i have bought another from where i got this one at well under £20. Handy when away fishing,when one dies on to the other,driving no refilling or glass atomisers to crack,and well i dont fancy dripping while driving. Nice very compact in shirt or pocket trousers,simple in use
my big one is getting juices i like, i m now using 20mg nic salt, in Solts black jack, Ivg Spearmint chew,and bubble gum. Bought 3 other flavours today from local shop. using on aegeis 80 w dripping on a 1.5 ish ohm coil at 10w or around in drop solo single,first two dont like,one to go,my daughters pal has the best selection of juices you could imagine,she seems to be if she gets vapour that will do
Thanks John

As you point out the battery life and liquid capacity are the real down sides to the simple ex. I find the og pico squeeze with a 1Ω coil much better. It’s not much bigger either, a little heavier though.

Been a bit longer now with the two simple x squonks and they are great we things,did have a problem with both refusing to fire up after fitting new coils, then read 0.8ohs or lower they wont fire up.the coils that come are 0.8 fused clapton. So i made one out of 28mm kanthal about 8/9 turns on 3mm dowel. Pain to fit kept on pushing wires out when tightening screws but fired up, then got me thinking legs on vandy vape coils i bought same as supplied 0.8ohm are long i put an extra turn on them out the box, and they are firing up lovely. As for juices just now i am enjoying riot squad cream leaf 20mg nic salt. wasn't keen on using tabacco flavor but to my taste rich smooth creamy inhale, staying same on exhale with just a hint of tabbaco from the likes of the capstain or players that men smoked when i was a young un but not as coarse as. I even got a delivery of a 20mg nic salt cola bottles today wonder if they are as good as ivg or smiths sauce, soon find out when i try
now get an average of 12 hours use out a charge which does me from getting up to work and early evening cant complain, over two days on bottle not quite 3 on 10ml,when compared to Dovpo thirst brilliant,but thats horses for courses.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom