What's new

Nicotine Salt explained...I hope ;)

dw1986

Achiever
I've been mucking about with nic salts now for a fair while, and increasingly thanks to the effectiveness of the nicotine rush (I'm still a hopeless nic addict after all), I'm using them more and more on a daily basis.

I've summarized what I've learned about nic salts over time, hopefully the guide below clears up a little confusion around them...

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/guides/beginners/a-guide-to-nicotine-salts.html

Amazing write up @dw1986 thanks for your input, my partner fails to take up vaping and has constantly tried for 4 years and failed every time because of the first CIG of the day feeling so I'll go find some nic salt juice for her and hopefully she can quit for good this time [emoji5]

This might seem like a stupid question, but when you talk about 50mg salts, would that be equivalent to 50mg liquid strength? I can't quite get my head around that strength :11:

My OH really struggled when she tried vaping as she didn't get the nic hit, will get her to try some of these salts
Thanks for the write up

This might seem like a stupid question, but when you talk about 50mg salts, would that be equivalent to 50mg liquid strength? I can't quite get my head around that strength :11:

it's supposed to be used in a low vapour producing device though, that's the difference.

Great read mate, nicely done! I'm very intrigued by these new eliquids with the salts. It may be a game changer for the industry, but only if enough people like it to bring the prices down... Any idea if nic salts are available to buy in their pure form for DIYing?

The nic hit definitely is, and @simong is perfectly right- that strength is designed to be used with a low power, MTL device. Saying that I have dripped 45mg with a 0.3ohm build at 90W...I definitely would not recommend doing so however :D

Great read mate, nicely done! I'm very intrigued by these new eliquids with the salts. It may be a game changer for the industry, but only if enough people like it to bring the prices down... Any idea if nic salts are available to buy in their pure form for DIYing?

I do believe they can be purchased from Nude Nicotine in the US, however I'm unsure of U.K. availability due to the 20mg TPD limit. @dansus is probably your man when it comes to nic salt DIY.

You can roll the dice importing it...but as I say you are rolling the dice :D

The nic hit definitely is, and @simong is perfectly right- that strength is designed to be used with a low power, MTL device. Saying that I have dripped 45mg with a 0.3ohm build at 90W...I definitely would not recommend doing so however :D

Does it taste like the nicotine in our current liquids? .... the only reason I don't vape 18mg now is because of the taste, I don't mind it at 12mg but at 18mg I feel like I can taste the nicotine over the flavours and it becomes slightly unpleasant.

I'm always trying to cut down on juice consumption because I'd rather do that than lower my nic level (which isn't really that important to me) So 20mg salt liquid sounds like a good idea in theory.

Back
Top Bottom