What's new

Nic salts v conventional Nic.

In my experience salt isn’t any stronger and doesn’t have an effect any quicker than the standard stuff. I suspect that this might be psychosomatic or simply down to the fact that often people puff it at stronger strengths. Which is really it’s benefit, that you can puff it at 50mg and it doesn’t make you cough a lung up.

In my experience salt isn’t any stronger and doesn’t have an effect any quicker than the standard stuff. I suspect that this might be psychosomatic or simply down to the fact that often people puff it at stronger strengths. Which is really it’s benefit, that you can puff it at 50mg and it doesn’t make you cough a lung up.
I found it made a big difference. I can feel a nic 'hit' with the 20mg nic salts like I get from a ciggie. I've never got that from the regular 18mg nic juice I sometimes use, and I can't imagine the 2mg would make all that difference?

I found it made a big difference. I can feel a nic 'hit' with the 20mg nic salts like I get from a ciggie. I've never got that from the regular 18mg nic juice I sometimes use, and I can't imagine the
2mg would make all that difference?

It might be that our different constitutions react differently. The first time I tried salt I mixed it at my usual strength (10mg at that point) and I was chaining it because it wasn’t doing anything.

I don’t believe it’s absorbed any more quickly, though. Salt is the form it’s found in nature, the conspiracy stories years ago were that BT were finding ways to convert it to freebase in tobacco leaves to make fags have a quicker hit and more addictive. So it seems now the idea has been flipped.

It might be that our different constitutions react differently. The first time I tried salt I mixed it at my usual strength (10mg at that point) and I was chaining it because it wasn’t doing anything.

I don’t believe it’s absorbed any more quickly, though. Salt is the form it’s found in nature, the conspiracy stories years ago were that BT were finding ways to convert it to freebase in tobacco leaves to make fags have a quicker hit and more addictive. So it seems now the idea has been flipped.
Could be. It's only that 'hit' that has made me stick with nic salts, for everyday and pleasure I prefer regular juice.

According to this: https://www.misthub.com/blogs/vape-...cotine-salts-beginners-guide-to-salt-e-liquid
Freebase nicotine has a higher pH, which leads to increased alkalinity. This causes a harsher throat-hit.
Benzoic acid lowers the pH levels of nicotine, reducing alkalinity in the process. The end result is a much smoother vaping experience.

I am not a chemist, and cannot confirm this ;)

Interesting. I’m not sure that they explain the
at entirely correctly. But they do seem to confirm my belief that at the same strength salt nic is not as effective, and that the only advantage - that for some outweighs the reduction in absorption - is the ability to puff it at 50mg.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom