What's new

Nic salts v conventional Nic.

Anyone else find nic salts make them sneeze? Tried 2 different nic salt brands at different times and both had me sneezing within a few drags

I have never known nic salts to make me sneeze. I have been vaping ever since I finally gave up the cancer sticks 6 years ago and these days I only vape nic salts, as does the wife. I have tried a great many from quite a few different makes and, as with other liquids, some are outstanding, most are OK and some are terrible. Funnily enough, the missus and never seem to agree which ones are wonderful and which ones are terrible. As you can tell, I do love nic salts - they are smooth, great nic hit and I find I vape less than I used to. I only vape MTL and mainly use Skyline, Taifun and Kayfun (clones).

I've found it hard to judge. Because I mainly vape tobacco flavours I had really struggled to find a vapable nic salts one - I didn't like any of the ones I'd tried, but I suspect I wouldn't have liked the 'straight' version either. It's only now I've tried the Firewater nic salts juices that I've been able to compare (ish - it's still a pod against a regular RTA, so not a level field). In my favourite flavours the nic salts does still come through, but so does most of the flavour, so as I want the nic salts for a specific stealthy purpose, I'm happy. I still prefer the regular version for everyday, but the difference isn't enough to concern me.

Tried quite a few nic salt liquids in various devices and come to the conclusion that they are not for me. The flavours always seem a bit shallow and they all have that distinctive taste.

I always liken it to buying a good beer in a pub compared to a very good home brewed beer. They both taste good but home brew always has that distinctive “twang” (as it tends to be known in those circles).

That said, firewater are the best I have tried, probably because of the deep flavours muting the salts taste that I always get.

The flavours are definatly muted with salts and....
If you like chain vaping, it isnt for you.
If you like big flavours, it isnt for you.
If you want clouds or DL hit, it isnt for you.
If you like nicotine and just want quick hits, its the shizzle.
And it got my wife off dual fuelling, I never thought I'd see the day!

Just bought a 10ml/20mg VG based nic salts bottle from Vapable for my first try at Nic Salts vaping. It's vapable's own brand. Mixed up a brand new recipe designed to simulate a virginia tobacco. Used the Nic salts at 12mg strength (6ml) and put it in my VV Berserker mini.

Left it for a while and decided to give it a go.

Recipe came out quite well and the nic salts gave me a head rush within a couple of toots. It also made me sneeze when I test fired the coil before I had even put the tank back on it.

In summary. Works real well and totally satisfies my nicotine needs much more than other similar strength MTL juices I have made. Basically, the ultimate stealth vape when there's no chance of a proper vape. So strong though, I think it might make me cough when I haven't used it for a while.

Ive only tried nic salts once & that was strawberry from Dr salts i picked up at vapefest 2017, but thanks to @Crewella Who is sending me a couple of Suorin Air pod systems for free, Thanks H

to see how i get along with these, if i get on using this then i will look into the Zeltu :)

Last edited:
I've just cracked open a bottle of juice I made the other week with new salts I got and can really taste the difference now. It's weird as I had some VG based salts from the US that didn't change the taste at all. Now I'm using PG nic I can really taste a difference. I'm not sure if I like it or not, it's hard to describe.

Personally i have to stick to 12mg in pods as nic salt doesn’t agree with me, makes me cough badly.

Saying that some of our customers who smoked excessive amount;s who struggled with vaping before as 18mg is too harsh & dont think they are getting enough nicotine on lower strenghts now have better chance of success as nic salt allows them to get the full nicotine does without ripping there throat and chest to bits.

Back
Top Bottom