What's new

Nic salts v conventional Nic.

AJT

Veteran
Hi it seems just about every juice company is now doing a nic salts version as an offering..
I have only tried eliquid with nic salts in the very early days of nic salts so don’t know a great deal..
If you have two identical liquids one with conventional nic the other with nic salts does the flavour profile differ?
I know you get the nic hit quicker etc with salts but what about flavour..do salts enhance or distort

If you have two identical liquids one with conventional nic the other with nic salts does the flavour profile differ?

.... for me yes quite a lot, I think some people taste the difference more than others though.

I don't know about enhance or distort ..... it just tastes different to 'normal' nicotine, I think I've become accustomed to the taste of regular nic ..... even when I vape lower or higher nicotine than my usual 12mg I notice the difference so it may be just be a case of getting used to the way something tastes ..... a bit like your Nokomis. :)

I can only speak for my diy liquid, and there it makes a big difference. Both types of salt I’ve tried have prevented the flavours from steeping, so for me that has to be factored in when brewing a recipe (ie, no concentrates that require a steep).

I'm struggling to get my adv right with nic salts.
Even at 20% concentration, the flavour isn't what it is with regular nic.

Does your liquid change colour the way it would with regular nic @bellyman ? Maybe you are experiencing the same phenomenon I did with the steeping.

I'm struggling to get my adv right with nic salts.
Even at 20% concentration, the flavour isn't what it is with regular nic.
I dont think Nic salts do taste the same personally ... they taste similar .. but with a slightly harsher edge - and I dont think the flavours are as deep

I intend to experiment with freebase/nicsalt mixes as others have been doing

That said .. I find them more than adequate in POD systems
I dont find the difference massive .. but enough to notice on juices you know well

The only nic salts I tried were by Element. They made me cough, which put me off the whole idea.

The only nic salts I tried were by Element. They made me cough, which put me off the whole idea.
They dont all do that .. and they fair better MTL than DL in my experience

they have a use and a place - for me its in a stealth system when you need to go somewhere travelling light and having to sneaky vape

They dont all do that .. and they fair better MTL than DL in my experience

they have a use and a place - for me its in a stealth system when you need to go somewhere travelling light and having to sneaky vape

Fair enough. Will give it another go if I decide to get the Zeltu

Back
Top Bottom