What's new

Nic Salts Newbie - What do i go for?

RichieRich

Achiever
Morning all

In a bid to get my mum off the Tabs, i'm going to sort her out a pod kit and get her to try Nic Salts instead of the regular Nic Liquids.

We tried to get her onto vaping with little success 3 years ago (she smokes 40 a day), but after reading what benefits Nic Salts have to offer, i suspect we may have more of a chance getting her off the stinkies owing to the fact that nicotine craving will be satisfied for longer (or thats how i read it).

My question is, for someone that smokes nearly 40 a day, what NIC level would you recommend she start on? Some Nic Salts are 10 or 20 mg, so i'd like to get her the right one. Also reading that too much of it can make you ill, so i'd probably say, she'll pick up the device in the same frequency she would smoke a tab. Having said that, if the craving goes away for longer, shes probably less likely to use it frequently.

Probably going to pop her on the Nord i have spare to get her started using the MTL coil, unless there are any other recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
I understood it differently with freebase vs salts...

Salts have a faster effect, more like a cig where it hits quick. But, it wears off relatively quickly too.

Freebase takes longer to absorb and while the effects last longer they're less intense.

As far as I know, salts are now recommended for transitioning from smoking - and my experience goes along with this in the main.

As to strength - it'll take a lot to actually get ill from it, a bit of dizziness is the normal first sign. A bit like smoking too many fags in a chain ;)

I'm just getting my sister (re)started on vaping instead of smoking - I got her to get some 20mg and some 10mg of the same flavour. Reasoning being that I thought the 20 was likely to be too strong for her and the 10 too weak - it was, so she's currently mixing them to get 15ish which seems to be the sweet spot atm.

If the Nord is available, try that first. It'd be too loose for my sis, but when I started it would've been too tight (I went straight onto DTL and only recently gone over to tight MTL instead). But, it might be bang on for you/her - best to try what you have first instead of spending hundreds on unsuitable kit and ending up on that anyway ;)

Start on 20mg for a 2 pack day smoker. Use at required, which will probably be quite often at first, this is fine.

Most heavy smokers will cough for the first few days, this is normal.

The nord might a bit to powerful for a new vaper, i suggest trying one the disposable pods from Dinner Lady before transitioning to the Nord. Not my first choice, as its bulky and button activated, Novo might be more suitable.

If all else fails, try the IQOS.

The nord really isn’t an mtl device. It’s very loose.
Artery pal 2 are cheap and the hp coils are excellent at 1 ohm.

I’d definitely recommend 20mg salts.
Vape potions is a good site to check out.
Good luck

I quit using the Uwell Caliburn pod with 20mg nic salts, now using 10 or 12mg
I now use the artery pal II pro device.

Both great for mtl, Artery1 has changeable coils whereas the caliburn doesn't but u can put your juice in and throw the whole pod away when the coils is done. I have a nord and never use it, too airy for mtl. She needs the throat hit imo

Some fab brands/flavours i have used and i have tried over 30 are:

Dr vapes pink
Ohm brew rhubard & custard, Strawberry Storm
Just jam original and toast
Strapped rainbow candy
POD Salts Jammin Blueberry

Depends on her tastes of course

Good luck!

Update, She found the Nord too airy, so i have a Caliburn on order for her.

Fyi. Ive started on Juice Head Nic Salts.....OMG
They are lovely. Rely nice fruity taste. I got the peach and pear and its delightful.

Just about to order 2 other flavours from Vape Potions with the XMAS code 15% off

Back
Top Bottom