What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nic Salts killing my coils

The main problem with nic salt liquids containing a high dose of nicotine is that they are American liquids, and as such they tend to contain a metric fuckload of sweetener in them which will kill your coils fast. Many of the US nic salt liquids are 60/40 VG/PG or 70/30- which is just daft.

Ideally a nic salt liquid should be 50/50.

One tankful of Breezy Shake at 55mg in my Aspire Breeze 2 killed the 1ohm coil head...which was brand new. One of my 1.2ohm coil heads in the Exceed Edge lasted two fills before the same juice killed it off.

Needless to say I now vape that particular liquid in a rebuildable tank.

I haven't had much trouble with Dr Salt 2Bacco or Menthol, or the Salt range on Vape Club. Those are far kinder on my coils than a lot of the US brand stuff I vape.

Those are only available at a max 20mg nic strength though, so I'd recommend a rebuildable tank to vape these in so you get a better nic hit, or the Aspire Breeze 2 with the 0.6ohm coil head.

One tankful of Breezy Shake at 55mg in my Aspire Breeze 2 killed the 1ohm coil head...which was brand new. One of my 1.2ohm coil heads in the Exceed Edge lasted two fills before the same juice killed it off.

Factory coils...
The reason I got into rebuildables in the first place.
As I was fitting the 1ohm coil into the breeze's tank, I wondered how long it would last with my sweet juice.

Factory coils...
The reason I got into rebuildables in the first place.
As I was fitting the 1ohm coil into the breeze's tank, I wondered how long it would last with my sweet juice.

To be honest, I've done a bit of research on various Facebook vaping groups, and it seems like the 1ohm coil is a bit of a dud in general.

Shame, because it vaped really well- for the single tank worth of liquid I got out of it :D

High mg salts, generally means a high level of acidic additive, which im my experience will happily clog up stock coils. Add that with a juice loaded with sweetener, and you have perfect coil killing combo.

Thank you, is there a link or video you would recommend, I've never messed around with juices before, just store bought / online.

It’s really easy, all you would need is some measuring cylinders, high strength salt nic and vg and pg. But as @dw1986 says, you’d need to get the nic from America as 20mg is the limit in Europe. I was assuming you’ve already been doing that since you’re using 50mg. Nude nicotine are good and you can order a free sample.

If you decide to go for it and want to dilute it or add flavour this calculator might help.

http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.html

I'm using 50/50 and between 45mg to 50mg, Salty Man & Dr Sugar Chitz brands. I like the 1.6ohm aspire Nautilus coils but the 1.8 is what is usually in stock here (Ireland). I vape between 5 and 6.5 watts, so not too high I don't think - sometimes I can get 3 days but more often I burn it out in less than a day.

Thanks
I’ve had the same issue with the salty man juice. Even when I prime the coils and poke a needle into them to promote airflow my coils are wrecked within a day or 2. The juice tastes great but has destroyed every coil I vaped it on. I switched to a different salt juice (naked brand) and the problem stopped

Back
Top Bottom