What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Nic salt transition to freebase

mellar88

Postman
Hi all.

I'm currently using 10mg NIC salts in my MTL setups but I want to make the transition to freebase nic juice. I know we are all different and juice choice is subjective but I was thinking of going for a 50/50 mix in a 6mg. Do you think that's a good starting point? Or should I try a 9mg mix?

Cheers

Hi all.

I'm currently using 10mg NIC salts in my MTL setups but I want to make the transition to freebase nic juice. I know we are all different and juice choice is subjective but I was thinking of going for a 50/50 mix in a 6mg. Do you think that's a good starting point? Or should I try a 9mg mix?

Cheers
It really depends what your objective is and how much throat hit u can tolerate.

It really depends what your objective is and how much throat hit u can tolerate.

I don't want to be dependent on nic salts. I don't mind a little kick in the throat but as to be accepted with nic salts there smooth so I don't want anything to harsh.

I don't want to be dependent on nic salts. I don't mind a little kick in the throat but as to be accepted with nic salts there smooth so I don't want anything to harsh.
Yer gonna wanna go as low as u can tolerate without wanting a cig. R u still smoking r have u quit already and if so for how long?

Ive actually just started like 8 hours ago of going cold turkey 0 nic from a very high level and so far i havent gotten any nic cravings, just vape craving. So u never know

Edit: its been 2 years since i quit smoking tho, so cigs r well out of my system

Yer gonna wanna go as low as u can tolerate without wanting a cig. R u still smoking r have u quit already and if so for how long?

Ive actually just started like 8 hours ago of going cold turkey 0 nic from a very high level and so far i havent gotten any nic cravings, just vape craving. So u never know

Edit: its been 2 years since i quit smoking tho, so cigs r well out of my system

Not smoking haven't for over 2 years nic salts helped me quit for good. I hope you have success with your 0 nic :) I'm going to try a 6mg 50/50 and see how I get on. I'm sure I'll have the willpower!

You'll soon find out by how much you are vaping, if you find you are getting through twice as much liquid a day, then you could think about going up to 9mg. It's really only something you can answer yourself, it wouldn't be enough for me, but I'm not you. :)

one other thing. When i was using freebase i would vape pretty much at a continuous rate all day (and there was no way it was because of the nicotine level).

When i switched to salts, i immediately and without realizing, started to vape like i used to smoke. Vape a bit, then put the vape down and not vape for a little while, than vape a bit, etc.

I attribute it to the way the 2 types of nicotine are absorbed by your body.

ive talked to others who have had this happen as well. I just wanted to let u know in case u experience that behavior in reverse and possibly mistake it for indicating too low of a nicotine level.

one other thing. When i was using freebase i would vape pretty much at a continuous rate all day (and there was no way it was because of the nicotine level).

When i switched to salts, i immediately and without realizing, started to vape like i used to smoke. Vape a bit, then put the vape down and not vape for a little while, than vape a bit, etc.

I attribute it to the way the 2 types of nicotine are absorbed by your body.

ive talked to others who have had this happen as well. I just wanted to let u know in case u experience that behavior in reverse and possibly mistake it for indicating too low of a nicotine level.

That's great advice that makes total sense thanks kindly:)

why not start at 10mg, since that’s what you are puffing with the salt? ypu will probably very quickly get used to it, if you find it a wee bit harsh on the throat at first.

what you don’t want is end up puffing liquid constantly because it’s not. strong enough.

Back
Top Bottom