What's new

Nic Salt Specific Kits and Mods

I use an Inokin Kroma with juice made with Nic salts as my stealth vape, fits nicely in my (small) hand.

SonI built a 1.5mm id coil today but I must have made a mistake with the wraps or legs as it came out at 0.9. It’s 30awg ss 316l so ramp up should be a problem. It came out at 0.9Ω. Still, I’ve dropped the watts a bit and it’s nice at 8w. Next time I will go for lower, and aim for 0.6 and maybe 6w.

@simong how's the battery life on the aio eco? If it’s decent I might pick one up to take to Crete on holiday.

SonI built a 1.5mm id coil today but I must have made a mistake with the wraps or legs as it came out at 0.9. It’s 30awg ss 316l so ramp up should be a problem. It came out at 0.9Ω. Still, I’ve dropped the watts a bit and it’s nice at 8w. Next time I will go for lower, and aim for 0.6 and maybe 6w.

@simong how's the battery life on the aio eco? If it’s decent I might pick one up to take to Crete on holiday.

battery life is ok ..... I'm not having a lot of luck with the coils though, the 2 with the kit were fine lasted a week of constant use, the ones bought after one I got 2 days out of before it started tasting revolting, and other about 4 days... it's something I'm still trying to get to the bottom of but at the moment it seems some are not wicking properly and the cotton is burning and you don't see the steady stream of bubbles like you do in the good ones, it's like they are blocked.... I'll update my thread when I know what's going on and if there is a solution.

battery life is ok ..... I'm not having a lot of luck with the coils though, the 2 with the kit were fine lasted a week of constant use, the ones bought after one I got 2 days out of before it started tasting revolting, and other about 4 days... it's something I'm still trying to get to the bottom of but at the moment it seems some are not wicking properly and the cotton is burning and you don't see the steady stream of bubbles like you do in the good ones, it's like they are blocked.... I'll update my thread when I know what's going on and if there is a solution.

That’s a shame, it sounded promising. Maybe it’s just a bad batch? I’ll keep an eye on the thread.

I’m definitely going to keep at the sub ohm low watts. I’ve been on this at 7-9 watts and it’s as good as 10-12 is usually. I might stick another build in tomorrow and see if so can get it working well at 5-6w. Didn’t think to check and see what voltage it was firing at, will have a look tomorrow. If it all works out my 18350s might last me a couple of days ha ha !

So I tried this again today and steam engine seems to have fuxked it up again, aimed for 0.5 and came out 0.7 and now 0.8 that the coil’s heated up. I’m at 6.5w and 2.2v and the vape is actually decent, definitely passable. I’m doing this on a calix, might try it on another tank with a more standard symmetrical deck and see if the results are better.

I think problems to consider are wicking (coil very narrow so little cotton) and leg length. Maybe the doggy will lend itself to this, or maybe the hussar. I’m wondering if a dual coil would help get the resistance down better than thicker wire taking into account mass and ramp up.

I’m determined to get a passable vape at 5 or less watts :D

Picked this up from Drip Drop Vapour. The 1ohm coil is perfect for nic salts, and it's a small little beastie. The pod is washable and refillable. Highly recommended
IMG_20180605_082320.jpeg

Other coiled candidates that Ive been using for salts are the Exceed edge and Vaporesso Nexus.

Picked this up from Drip Drop Vapour. The 1ohm coil is perfect for nic salts, and it's a small little beastie. The pod is washable and refillable. Highly recommended
View attachment 162466
I picked up one of these as a stealth vape great little vape. The breeze one had a nice auto fire feature which I got for my old man to get him off the stinks

Back
Top Bottom