What's new

Nic Salt Specific Kits and Mods

The TPD pretty much killed any excitement I had for nic salts. The whole point was to have a higher nicotine without it ripping your throat out ... as regular 18mg is fine in a MTL device anyway, it's kind of pointless to me now.

as for pens..... I'm getting this

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/...ads/joyetech-ego-aio-eco.155473/#post-1708117

it's tiny and getting good reviews.

The TPD regulations was a henious intrusion, I still hate buying tiny bottles of eliquid for one, let us know how you get on with the ego-aio, Im not sure I like its looks though, but could be a decent pen device.

I like the look of this, but wondering how long the battery would last:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...AUICygC&biw=1536&bih=846#imgrc=9P_tsRR71fjZzM:

* Just watched the review of the ego, it has a sub ohm coil, that seems a strange inclusion.

Last edited:
The TPD regulations was a henious intrusion, I still hate buying tiny bottles of eliquid for one, let us know how you get on with the ego-aio, Im not sure I like its looks though, but could be a decent pen device.

I like the look of this, but wondering how long the battery would last:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=s...AUICygC&biw=1536&bih=846#imgrc=9P_tsRR71fjZzM:

* Just watched the review of the ego, it has a sub ohm coil, that seems a strange inclusion.

yeah, it's so it can run at lower voltage and require less battery power, it only puts out 1.85v to the coil, so it actually seems a very well thought and out clever way of getting around having a small battery capacity and a small device..... it's part of what attracted me to it as it seems they've thought about it and not just gone down the accepted route of sticking a high resistance coil in that requires 4.2v.

we'll see how well that works I guess. :)

Why is running sub ohm coils at much lower voltage not something people do? Is there really no reason for having 4v and 1.5Ω for example? Would we get exactly the same effect from 2v and 0.75Ω?

Edit: I suppose I’m wondering whether it will have a noticeable slow heat up time.

Why is running sub ohm coils at much lower voltage not something people do? Is there really no reason for having 4v and 1.5Ω for example? Would we get exactly the same effect from 2v and 0.75Ω?

Edit: I suppose I’m wondering whether it will have a noticeable slow heat up time.

ramp up yeah, although I often vape SS coils with fairly low resistance on power mode (if I'm putting something I've been vaping in TC onto a mod that doesn't do/do good TC.) they seem to do just fine and I suspect that's what these coils are made of, SS heats up quickly and has a lower resistance then Kanthal or whatever. I think we've established that sub-ohm doesn't mean much these days since TC and variable wattage .... it was only relevant as a term on mechs.

Aye I was thinking if I was to do it with one of my tanks I’d need to use thicker gauge wire but then i realised I could just do less wraps.

That’s a bit thicker than ideal for me. When I got a bobbin of 28, I straight away didn’t like the 26 anymore. Same again happened when I got a couple of bobbins of 30.

I might give this a try as a battery life prolonging technique.

That’s a bit thicker than ideal for me. When I got a bobbin of 28, I straight away didn’t like the 26 anymore. Same again happened when I got a couple of bobbins of 30.

I might give this a try as a battery life prolonging technique.

would be interesting to see I think....

Next time I’m replacing a coil I’ll get on steam engine and aim for about 0.6, maybe.

Back
Top Bottom