What's new

Mixing Salts with Freebase

Gitchy

Achiever
Now the last time I knew anything about chemistry was a about 30 years ago so I have no clue about it.

What I'm wondering is would there be a reaction from putting salts in with freebase? Like would the freebase neutralise the effects of the salts, or the other way, the would the salts make the freebase salty? Or would there be some bastard hybrid created?

I'm quite sensitive to throat hit and find 3mg normal nic is fine but that's not hitting the spot for me on the craving side so I've added some nic salts to a bottle to see if that's any good.

I don't know anything about nic salts and assumed freebase was something completely different.

This article was very good at putting me right.

I can't see why you would want to add salts to regular pg/vg nic. At 0.3 with vg box at about 100w the only throat hit I notice comes from the favouring (my lemon custard is smooth, lemon donut is harsher)..

What I'm wondering is would there be a reaction from putting salts in with freebase? Like would the freebase neutralise the effects of the salts, or the other way, the would the salts make the freebase salty? Or would there be some bastard hybrid created?
Even nic marked as freebase will have some elements of saltiness to it. Adding an acid just increases the amount of whats called protonated nicotine in the mix, and lowers the pH so its smoother to vape.

Adding some salts will help smooth out the harshness, it wont cause any issues.

I don't know anything about nic salts and assumed freebase was something completely different.

This article was very good at putting me right.

I can't see why you would want to add salts to regular pg/vg nic. At 0.3 with vg box at about 100w the only throat hit I notice comes from the favouring (my lemon custard is smooth, lemon donut is harsher)..

Aye, freebase seems to be a term I've picked up from reading about the 2 different kinds of nicotine available. I always thought it was something different too.

I've just got shit lungs tbh. I get chesty from 0.3 at 50w plus myself so am just looking to get more nicotine into me to satisfy the craving beast. Too many years smoking any old shit I could get I suppose.

I was just worried I was neutralising the effect from the salts and rendering them useless.

That's a cracking article as well @wraith best explanation I've seen yet.

Last edited:
Aye, freebase seems to be a term I've picked up from reading about the 2 different kinds of nicotine available. I always thought it was something different too.

I've just got shit lungs tbh. I get chesty from 0.3 at 50w plus myself so am just looking to get more nicotine into me to satisfy the craving beast. Too many years smoking any old shit I could get I suppose.

I was just worried I was neutralising the effect from the salts and rendering them useless.

That's a cracking article as well @wraith best explanation I've seen yet.

I'd just try a pure salt base with vg or pg and not bother with the regular base and see how you go.

Have you tried using a decent MTL type vape?

Have you tried using a decent MTL type vape?

Yeah I've got a lower watt, higher ohm setup I use through the day with 20mg salts but I like more of a lungfull of an evening. Just worried that higher nic in a low ohm set up will make me feel sick and lower nic with the salts won't give me the throat hit I like.

I'm a fussy bugger I know. I suppose I should just muck around till I find what suits me.

Yeah I've got a lower watt, higher ohm setup I use through the day with 20mg salts but I like more of a lungfull of an evening. Just worried that higher nic in a low ohm set up will make me feel sick and lower nic with the salts won't give me the throat hit I like.

I'm a fussy bugger I know. I suppose I should just muck around till I find what suits me.
Make up 3mg with freebase, then add a bit of salts until its right.

Back
Top Bottom