What's new

Big Tobacco entering the Nicotine Salt Market

But isn’t the nic we like in our eliquid extracted from tobacco?
Yes unless you buy synthetic nicotine. The point i was making is Tobacco firms use additives which make cigarettes more addictive. Remember there are umpteen additives from rat poison to formaldehyde, these all make cigarettes the hardest thing to give up. According to the Nurse who did the NHS quit smoking scheme i went to about 5 years ago, people find Heroin to be easier to give up than cigarettes. I agree, i tried all the pharma products all of which gave me unpleasant side effects, champix almost sent me insane. Vaping is the only thing that worked, if Big T start getting their foot in the door at the house of vapes they will use it to get people hooked on their consumable product ie nic salt or eliquid by adding other chemicals that react with nicotine to make it more addictive.
You only have to look at Crack cocaine, basically Cocaine that has been purified by adding bi carbonate of soda and boiling it back to a rock of purified coke and we all know how much worse crack is than coke, same with meth amphetamine, more powerful and addictive than amphetamines themselves. It really is all about chemistry and Big T can always call upon Big p to tell them what chemical composition to add to nic salt to make it more addictive and keep the money coming in.

Edit. burning tobacco creates even more chemicals so nicotine extracted from tobacco is minus any additives that are contained in ciggies or burning smoke, additives in cigarettes, some are there just so the cigarette keeops burning rather than going out like rolling tobacco, but even that has harmful additives

Last edited:
I’ll be interested to see what organic acid is used, as the popular PAX JUUL already uses a combination of benzoic acid and freebase nicotine to produce nicotine salt, and PAX hold the patent to that method.
When PAX tried to move into EU market, PMI gave them a slap and they thought better of the idea. Think PMI have prior patents, for the EU at least. Saying that, wouldnt take much to get round it with a different formulation.

From a Philip Morris patent I’ve seen, which may/may not apply to the STEEM, it doesn’t seem to use a wick or coil at all, but rather an aerosol based delivery system, and from a discussion I’ve had with someone else on another group it seems to have been designed by the same guy that invented nicotine patches-

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20120006342
Have to say it makes me feel pretty sick to read them talk about following in the foot steps and using a similar delivery system used for delivering medical treatments to help people suffering from illnesses caused by.... smoking.

Back
Top Bottom