What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Big Tobacco entering the Nicotine Salt Market

One thing is for sure, they can’t be trusted
Boggles the mind that they weren't at the cutting edge of ecigs from the start. It does show they really are the arrogant fat cats we assumed. Don't suppose they are worried as they will just legislate control back into their hands when they're ready anyway.

Boggles the mind that they weren't at the cutting edge of ecigs from the start. It does show they really are the arrogant fat cats we assumed. Don't suppose they are worried as they will just legislate control back into their hands when they're ready anyway.

From what I see publicly it seems like they are clueless when it comes to consumer need, however you do need to bear in mind that the ‘hobbyist vaper’ market makes up a very small percentage of the market overall. They do seem to be behind, however you can’t trust them

From what I see publicly it seems like they are clueless when it comes to consumer need, however you do need to bear in mind that the ‘hobbyist vaper’ market makes up a very small percentage of the market overall. They do seem to be behind, however you can’t trust them
Very true indeed. Was speaking to jac vapour on the subject of this the other day they have a broad customer base and confirmed the same thing when it comes to the sale of there new DNA mod. The vast majority of vapers really just want something that works. They've no interest in how it works. We often forget we are a weird minority here. Luckily I have Mrs kid to tell me what a looser I am and to just get her a nice looking set up that works.

Very true indeed. Was speaking to jac vapour on the subject of this the other day they have a broad customer base and confirmed the same thing when it comes to the sale of there new DNA mod. The vast majority of vapers really just want something that works. They've no interest in how it works. We often forget we are a weird minority here. Luckily I have Mrs kid to tell me what a looser I am and to just get her a nice looking set up that works.

Summed up perfectly, I can’t add anything to that to be fair :D

The cynical side of me thinks they are more than happy with the 20mg/ml limit, making e-cigarettes less effective for people that wish to quit smoking...

I don't think that is cynical it is just realistic bud

I would be surprised if it’s not a low power, high nic mtl style device they’re working on. They are losing a chunk of market share in countries where vaping has caught on, so I would think they’d be wanting something that will mimic smoking and allow them to retain as much of the market chunk that moves from smoking to vaping as possible.

I would be surprised if it’s not a low power, high nic mtl style device they’re working on. They are losing a chunk of market share in countries where vaping has caught on, so I would think they’d be wanting something that will mimic smoking and allow them to retain as much of the market chunk that moves from smoking to vaping as possible.

From a Philip Morris patent I’ve seen, which may/may not apply to the STEEM, it doesn’t seem to use a wick or coil at all, but rather an aerosol based delivery system, and from a discussion I’ve had with someone else on another group it seems to have been designed by the same guy that invented nicotine patches-

https://patents.justia.com/patent/20120006342

The cynical side of me thinks they are more than happy with the 20mg/ml limit, making e-cigarettes less effective for people that wish to quit smoking...
They have deep pockets, I imagine that medical authorisation would be within their sights to allow the higher strength nicotine while still keeping vapers limited.

Probably more cost effective for them to do than overturn the nicotine limit and allow higher strength vaping to take off again.

They have deep pockets, I imagine that medical authorisation would be within their sights to allow the higher strength nicotine while still keeping vapers limited.

Probably more cost effective for them to do than overturn the nicotine limit and allow higher strength vaping to take off again.

Oh absolutely mate, that wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest

No need to worry about using a different acid, they cannot patent a chemical reaction, just the delivery method. The tobacco companies have probably given up trying to get into the vaping market as they were far too slow at the start. I suspect a line similar to the following....

"STEEM - the same as vaping without the risks!" or some other crap like that. Either way they are going to take a mighty swipe at the vaping market and communities. Expect heavy advertising and pushing into the medical markets.

Back
Top Bottom