What's new

Zeta

Decided to invest in the Coilmaster V3 kit, should be here shortly, so might have a go later today. Watched a few YouTube vids using it and it seems straight forward enough, so hopefully will be fairly struggle free

Decided to invest in the Coilmaster V3 kit, should be here shortly, so might have a go later today. Watched a few YouTube vids using it and it seems straight forward enough, so hopefully will be fairly struggle free

It is straightforward. Just a little practice is required though. Let us know how it goes

Good luck. Wrapping a coil doesn't take that much practice. And it doesn't have to be neat for it to work perfectly well. I find it's wicking that can be the bugger.

I agree with @rew , start with the kanthal. My experience of SS coils in power mode is not good. The resistance increases with the coil temperature. Chain vaping, I got a coil to jump from 0.4 ohms to 0.5 ohms, burnt the juice and the wick. I find Nichrome wire is much better, it heats up nice and quickly and the resistance is stable.

Ok so even the rolling wasn’t as hassle free as it looked. Took a few attempts to get the right pressure when wrapping. I’ve done one and going to give it a go. It’s coming out at 0.97ohm so not far off. I need to work on the coil ends as they just don’t seem right and remember to finish loop off opposite to way I started to match posts!

Attachments

• 23AFD07A-E665-4AD4-80E2-E1D4619E1170.jpeg
    23AFD07A-E665-4AD4-80E2-E1D4619E1170.jpeg
    939.1 KB · Views: 75
  • 6B54A339-6E57-4203-B3D2-C9682CA72DDC.jpeg
    6B54A339-6E57-4203-B3D2-C9682CA72DDC.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Ok so even the rolling wasn’t as hassle free as it looked. Took a few attempts to get the right pressure when wrapping. I’ve done one and going to give it a go. It’s coming out at 0.97ohm so not far off. I need to work on the coil ends as they just don’t seem right and remember to finish loop off opposite to way I started to match posts!

Looks ok to me. As long as the coil legs are trapped properly under the screws and snipped tight as poss then it should be all good.

Looks ok to me. As long as the coil legs are trapped properly under the screws and snipped tight as poss then it should be all good.

Yeah I did. Manipulated the coil in situ and didn’t move off the posts. Snipped very tight using the cutters from the kit. It’s actually coming out at 1.01ohm on the Zeta. Currently vaping 6mg freebase of Beaum custard, as usually use Nic Salts and find 12w the ideal point so need to experiment how much more power to apply to get sweet spot.

Oh and is what I have done classed as 7 wraps? Wasn’t sure exactly how many I did until I’ve just looked closely at photo.

Yeah I did. Manipulated the coil in situ and didn’t move off the posts. Snipped very tight using the cutters from the kit. It’s actually coming out at 1.01ohm on the Zeta. Currently vaping 6mg freebase of Beaum custard, as usually use Nic Salts and find 12w the ideal point so need to experiment how much more power to apply to get sweet spot.

That amount of variation is of no concern. All mods will read a coil slightly differently. Hope you find the sweet spot.

Oh and just to confirm that I used the stealth vape 27awg Kanthal. Didn’t find I had to heat wire first before wrapping either.

Oh and is what I have done classed as 7 wraps? Wasn’t sure exactly how many I did until I’ve just looked closely at photo.

I would class that as 6 wraps. I usually place my coil the other way up to you so that the legs are on the bottom if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom