What's new

Your thoughts please MTL crew....

Simon G

Olympian
My brother in law is 50 this year and he's finally decided to stop smoking and switch to vaping.

I've lent him a Kabuki clone and one of my SnowWolf mini's before and my sister said that it worked ok for him at home in the evenings .... but it didn't work for him at work, he's in the building trade and he's used to having a fag hanging out of his mouth, I think he just found it too much of a pain at work, he's often got dirty hands too and getting a mod out of his pocket wasn't really working for him, neither was the glass tank that he was worried about breaking...

I had a chat to him and my sister about what would work for him and this is basically what he needs..

2 devices... a mod and stock coil tank kit for when he's not at work (I'm thinking the Innokin Kroma/Zenith)

and a pod/AIO for at work, something without glass and he suggested something he can hang around his neck on a lanyard with a 'suck to activate' would be best...also something with decent battery life (if that's possible)

No rebuildables, no external batteries and everything must be as simple and leak free as possible.... I don't want to give him excuses not to use what we buy him.

I think the Kroma Zenith will be perfect for him outside of work (but interested to hear people's thoughts on other options) but I'm really not sure what the best AIO/Pod device is going to be best for him for work, especially as there's new stuff coming out every week.

All thoughts appreciated.

I don't have the experience of most of you guys and girls here but for a trouble free and easy to use 'just fill it and vape' device I would go for the Jac Vapour S-22.

I love it and it's been flawless.

I don't have the experience of most of you guys and girls here but for a trouble free and easy to use 'just fill it and vape' device I would go for the Jac Vapour S-22.

I love it and it's been flawless.

I think I'd rather it was regulated to be honest, but that might just be my preference or what I'm used to ... direct power always annoys me. I kind of feel that it sits right between the two things I'm looking for though ... maybe anyway.

.... it's worth considering though, thanks.

I think I'd rather it was regulated to be honest, but that might just be my preference or what I'm used to ... direct power always annoys me. I kind of feel that it sits right between the two things I'm looking for though ... maybe anyway.

.... it's worth considering though, thanks.
Think you can't go far wrong with the minimum set up.
Bellyman May be the one to chime in on pods as I've no clue.

I haven't seen anything that actvates when you suck that is regulated. Sr-vapes have an offer on a refillable pod system called the u boat £9.99 with extra pod, it could be worth a look.

I haven't seen anything that actvates when you suck that is regulated. Sr-vapes have an offer on a refillable pod system called the u boat £9.99 with extra pod, it could be worth a look.

no I meant regulated for the tank/mod ... the pod doesn't need to be.

I seem to remember bellyman or someone similar doing a review on the U boat thingy and saying it was poor.

I've tried the Upen and it was shit too, might be something about any device starting with the letter U is gash...

Been tempted by the suorin offerings, liking the open-style pod idea for obvious cost reasons.

On the regulated front I think you're on the mark with the innokin stuff although a lot of people are saying the Jac vapour stuff is excellent too.

Kinda tough when you've moved on from all that level of kit.

Good luck.

For construction grade, maybe an aegis mod?

I have never used a pod system or aio kit but I just noticed this
https://www.aspirecig.com/aspire-kits/aspire-kits535.html

Main features:
Nautilus AIO Pod capacity: 4.5ml/2ml
Nautilus AIO coil is interchangeable with original Nautilus BVC coils
Built-in Battery Capacity: 1000mAh
Dimensions: 87.5*37*21mm
Adjustable airflow
Coil resistance:1.8Ω
Easy bottom fill
Output wattage:12W

I would suggest the minifit with 18mg for his work, but battery life isn’t great so maybe he’d need two, or look at the c601. They do have fire buttons, but are very portable.

The only draw activated one I thought was decent is the suorin air but a lot of people seem not to like it, so wouldn’t want to recommend it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom