What's new

WTF? Oumier Wasp Nano MTL RTA

Bloody hell, I hadn't even noticed that :12:

Just zoomed in on a photo of the coils, 2 blobs on each.

I also emailed Oumier 2 days ago about the coil spec but got no reply.

View attachment 207105

I haven't had a reply yet either. I'll give it a few days then I'll start pestering as I'm really curious.

Are those blobs joins?

Could they be nr-r-nr wire?

That was my first thought but I really don't think so. I think it's 30g so it's extremely thin and bendy and impossible to see properly with the naked eye. But it seems to me to be one single piece of wire with two black blobs of metal attached. The blobs only stick out on one side. The other side seems smooth and seamless. The blobs look like the joins on nr wire but you can usually tell there's two different wire types and in my experience they never form a perfect continuous wire that looks just like a normal one wire coil. I may be wrong (won't be the first or last time) but if I am then they've done something that I've never seen before.

Last edited:
Just for the record there's nothing wrong with my coil or its legs. So it's just a very jumpy resistance which I'm now potentially putting down to the coil material what ever that may be.

Gonna put a larger coil in to see if blocking up the space reduces the airflow enough to make it a more traditional mtl draw.

Also, the black spots ARE joins. I wiggled the coil around and it snapped both ends on the joins.

Joins?! that's mad! do you think they just made one huge coil and got slave labour to snip and add the legs?

My 3mm Ni80 28g coil is about the same draw wise, I thought it wasn't too bad until I picked up the Glaz straight after, I've resigned to the fact it's a good flavour loose draw MTL RTA, first time an Oumier product hasn't delivered fully for me.

Joins?! that's mad! do you think they just made one huge coil and got slave labour to snip and add the legs?

Nah, there are reasons to have joins.

The legs are likely made of some very low resistance material that doesn't heat up (plain wire) with resistance wire for the actual coil part - which explains why no calculators are coming close.

My 3mm Ni80 28g coil is about the same draw wise, I thought it wasn't too bad until I picked up the Glaz straight after, I've resigned to the fact it's a good flavour loose draw MTL RTA, first time an Oumier product hasn't delivered fully for me.
No, as mentioned by pdg, it'll be a combination of resistance wire and non-resistance wire. It's not common but it is out there. I've used them on a couple of occasions before when they were supplied with a device I purchased but I've never seen them joined as cleanly as this before where it's almost un-noticeable. On the coils I've used previously you could very clearly see there were two different wires making up the the legs and then the coil itself. Why Oumier have gone down this route I have absolutely no idea. They haven't responded to my emails yet but I saw a phone number on their website so I may well ring them after Christmas if they haven't replied by then.

I've put an Ni80 2.5mm 7 wrap 30*2+38 1.5 ohm mtl fused clapton in there. Will see how that goes. It's a decent tank if you like a loose draw or restricted direct lung. But I really don't understand why the Chinese seem so incapable of understanding the concept of mtl and appropriate airflow. Personally, I can only vape it with the airflow closed off 100% and on mine that's still a little bit looser than the Glaz with the largest air hole.

Last edited:
That's why I love this forum, learn something new all the time.

Makes total sense now thanks both.

Oumier are at least close, Smok however have no idea, Vapefly are doing great things though.

The bigger coil has definitely reduced the airflow enough to make a difference. It's still loose for my liking and I've still gotta close the airflow 100% but with a little bit less airflow making its way through coupled with the considerable increase in vapour production from a decent coil it's gone from being something that I would rarely use to something I would use regularly. Next time I'll see if I can squeeze a 3mm in there.

First step for anyone purchasing this device is to bin the OEM coils and fill up as much deck space as you can.

2019-12-24_00.24.17.jpg

Yeah. Used to be really common to buy your wire in shots when rebuilding stock coils.
Meant perfect resistance every time as mitz said.

I've fitted in a 3mm easily though I had to thin the wicking, I am using mine a fair bit shoved on top of an Eleaf iJust Mini - sub £20 car setup :)

If Oumier have learned their lesson then a V2 with airflow restriction would be superb.

Back
Top Bottom