What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

WTF? Oumier Wasp Nano MTL RTA

Clickbait kind of but WTF was my reaction when I was unpacking and found 4 x 0.2 Ohm Kanthal coils included.

0.2 Ohms is a first for me in an MTL RTA, I nearly binned them but as I am reviewing them I had to give them a try.

After building and juicing it up (which was very easy) I had my 2nd WTF?.......

At a whopping 7.5 Watts It bloody worked a treat :11:

I'm calling it the WTF Nano MTL from now on, really enjoying it and in no rush to try a higher ohm coil which might be even better.

Anyone else experienced this hidden Gem?

@eyeball kid you were right! :2thumbsup:

Oumier_Wasp_Nano_MTL_RTA-1.jpg

I was initially concerned about the draw being too loose but with the airflow almost closed and the very narrow mouthpiece it's really satisfying.

I'm left wondering where this fits into my MTL arsenal, 6 months ago it would have been a top 3 contender, it's difficult to describe the vape it gives, the Glaz Mini MTL has been glued to my hand since getting one but this I am reaching for more often.

Maybe Best Budget MTL RTA of 2019 would be fitting, I think I paid around £13.

But the WTF continues............

I am also left with a dilemma, I simply don't understand these coils, I could end up back in the 'New User' section of the forum as my semi mech mods like the Pico iJust Mini or any similar bypass style mods I am pretty sure would just blow the coil, that aside what wire could replicate such trickery?????????????

The coil specs weren't provided but here's what I know:

30awg (0.26mm)
2mm Inner Diameter
Material? it's magnetic so I guessed Kanthal but I am likely wrong as Steam Engine doesn't equate. (Titanium gets closest)
Leg length 4mm
Spacing 1.5mm
Wraps 6

Whatever material I put in Steam Engine the computer says no.

Am I being thick and missing something? open to education :22:

The resistance jumps all over the place. Starts of at .2 and with a split second touch of the fire button it's up to .27. Take a proper drag and it goes up to .37. You getting that @Vapaneezer Scrooge?

Oumier have come out with some really amazing kit. Extremely disappointed they have made this "mtl" tank in the age old tradition of Chinese mtl which is as loose as a whore in a whore house. Even fully closed off with zero air holes open more air sneaks thru than I would normally like. When the fuck are Chinese companies going to learn what it means to be mouth to fucking lung?! :12:

With all the air holes fully closed it's still got a looser draw than the Glaz Mini on the largest air hole. :banghead:

Love the see through design tho. It would be perfect if it wasn't spoiled by the excessive airflow.

Last edited:
The resistance jumps all over the place. Starts of at .2 and with a split second touch of the fire button it's up to .27. Take a proper drag and it goes up to .37. You getting that @Vapaneezer Scrooge?

Oumier have come out with some really amazing kit. Extremely disappointed they have made this "mtl" tank in the age old tradition of Chinese mtl which is as loose as a whore in a whore house. Even fully closed off with zero air holes open more air sneaks thru than I would normally like. When the fuck are Chinese companies going to learn what it means to be mouth to fucking lung?! :12:

With all the air holes fully closed it's still got a looser draw than the Glaz Mini on the largest air hole. :banghead:

Love the see through design tho. It would be perfect if it wasn't spoiled by the excessive airflow.

I'm not getting the resistance jump, it's stayed stable for me, though I have now shoved another Ni80 3mm build at 1.3Ohms.

The airflow is pants but I have gotten used to it more as a pod style draw (kinda sip it) and the narrow bore trip tip is giving me great flavour.

It's nowhere close to the Glaz for airflow but I'm still enjoying using it for its different style of vape with Nic Salts.

But yeah Oumier dropped the ball on this one due to its lazy airflow 'design'.

I'm not getting the resistance jump, it's stayed stable for me, though I have now shoved another Ni80 3mm build at 1.3Ohms.

The airflow is pants but I have gotten used to it more as a pod style draw (kinda sip it) and the narrow bore trip tip is giving me great flavour.

It's nowhere close to the Glaz for airflow but I'm still enjoying using it for its different style of vape with Nic Salts.

But yeah Oumier dropped the ball on this one due to its lazy airflow 'design'.
OK, thanks. That's interesting. Guess I'll try another one of the supplied coils and see if it's any different. Maybe I've got a loose leg.

I can't work out what the coil is either. 2mm ID 6wraps and .2 makes no sense to me. I've emailed Oumier to find out.

Don't know why each coil has a black speck of metal attached. Can see it in your picture above and it's on each of my coils. Manufacturing process maybe?

Flavour is good and the see through design is badass. But the airflow really does suck for a mtl tank. Seeing as there's a ton of airflow coming through despite all holes being closed I might try some different o rings, if I can get the afc ring off, and see it that tightens things up a bit.

If they corrected the airflow I'd give it 8.5/10. As is maybe 4.5/10. But for anyone who likes loose mtl or restricted dtl then it's great.

For me, nothing so far dethrones the Hastur Mini. Not even the Glaz Mini.

Last edited:
Don't know why each coil has a black speck of metal attached. Can see it in your picture above and its on each of my coils. Manufacturing process maybe?
Bloody hell, I hadn't even noticed that :12:

Just zoomed in on a photo of the coils, 2 blobs on each.

I also emailed Oumier 2 days ago about the coil spec but got no reply.

Oumier_Wasp_Nano_MTL_RTA-4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom