What's new

WTB 1.5, 1.6 or 1.8 coils for an Ammit MTL Rda ??

severn

Initiate
Hi,

can anyone help me find some of these high Ohm coils for my new Rda ?

thanks
Jon

Any idea what wire you want? Not keen on making your own? More than half the work is in fitting them - just winding the coil is the easy bit ........ and wire is cheap .....

Hi,

thanks
Jon
1.1 ohms has been sitting nicely in my ammit rda as well. Don't worry about over focusing on the exact ohms either bud. 7 or 8 wraps around a 2.5mm screwdriver or drill bit of 26 or 27 awg kanthal is cracking.

Hi,

thanks
Jon
Ultimately I've realized we've offered you a load of opinions but not actually answered your question bud.
If you want to buy pre made coils for the ammit, these will be perfect
https://www.vapeclub.co.uk/rda-rta-premade-coils/ud-26-gauge-prebuilt-coil-1-2-ohm.html
Great company and always next day delivery.

You can find bigger cheaper packs on fastech and they too are excellent with useful reviews for each item but they will take a week to come (uk epack postage option).
Hope that helps.

thanks for your advice and the links...i've ordered the 1.2coils.

what i'm trying to do is get a vape similar to my innokin zennith on the 1.6 . I'm using Nic salts and that combined with sweet liquids is meaning that the coils are only lasting 2 days max without losing all flavour . I'm priming the coils etc i think maybe its my actual vaping technique thats doing it . So its costing alot on the coils.

Is Kanthal the way to go or are there better alternatives ? on a side issue i have been looking at squonk boxes alot to give me a large amount of juice without having to top up all the time. Then i saw the innokin Lift and that looks promising especially at the Price of £30 odd quid that 1 seller on ebay has it for ....maybe a bit to be good to be true . Innokin also do a 4 ml rda tank attachment that you can add onto an Rda to make it into and Rdta ..also on ebay

I vape the 1.6 coil at 10 watts . what concerns me about unregulated boxes is that with the coil controlling the overall vape i may end up with something i'm unhappy with .

Eyeball...did you remove the centre air flow pin for the Ammit ?

Thanks again
Jon

thanks for your advice and the links...i've ordered the 1.2coils.

what i'm trying to do is get a vape similar to my innokin zennith on the 1.6 . I'm using Nic salts and that combined with sweet liquids is meaning that the coils are only lasting 2 days max without losing all flavour . I'm priming the coils etc i think maybe its my actual vaping technique thats doing it . So its costing alot on the coils.

Is Kanthal the way to go or are there better alternatives ? on a side issue i have been looking at squonk boxes alot to give me a large amount of juice without having to top up all the time. Then i saw the innokin Lift and that looks promising especially at the Price of £30 odd quid that 1 seller on ebay has it for ....maybe a bit to be good to be true . Innokin also do a 4 ml rda tank attachment that you can add onto an Rda to make it into and Rdta ..also on ebay

I vape the 1.6 coil at 10 watts . what concerns me about unregulated boxes is that with the coil controlling the overall vape i may end up with something i'm unhappy with .

Eyeball...did you remove the centre air flow pin for the Ammit ?

Thanks again
Jon
Yes mate. Just switch the 510 for the hollow squonk pin in the spares bag. Easy as you like.
I squonk a lot. Mainly mtl and the ammit is excellent (I did a review in the review section of the forum a few weeks back). I tend to use inbox's which are 75w regulated squonkers with a DNA board but the innokin lift is excellent. You will find a review for the rdta add on in the main POTV review section of the website.
I do enjoy the fact I can load a couple of day's juice up and forget it.
Coils. The 1.2 ones are superb. I personally prefer kanthal for mtl vaping as it has a natural warm up time (ramp up) which simulates a draw. That said some like nichrome or steel as it ramps up very quickly.
Over time experiment, see what you like. A coil should literally last you months. (I've had a few that I've not changed for longer, lol)
With sweet juices you will need to rewick every few days but when you do, remove the old cotton and give the coil a few pulses at your normal wattage and use a pin or fine screwdriver to carefully brush off any burnt debris (you can get a metal brush) let cool and rewick. The coil will go on for ages. I'd be surprised if that pack didn't last a couple of years of everyday use.

Coils can be cheap if you buy spools of wire and get into a groove of making them(you'll have it after making a handful, non-simple coils aside naturally but you can always youtube it up), you can get yourself a few spools of 30ft (9.1 metres) of wire, plus a good years worth of cotton for $10(£7.50 give or take depending on exchange rate). Buying premade is nice and simple, but it's really not at all hard to do, you just need to have the time and patience for it.

I'll use 9cm-10cm of wire (don't usually need all that) of wire(Kanthal for me) per coil, that's 90 coils from a single spool of wire.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom